Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#42595 by qchau
Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:56 pm
From what I read, Ooma is not unlimited but is limited to 5000 outbound minutes per months and unlimited inbound. I wish there was a minutes usage counter in My Ooma that way we know how much minutes we have left before getting charge.
#42597 by caseybea
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:03 pm
Well, while not exactly a "counter", you can go to the CALL LOGS part of your ooma page, and download the data (look lower left corner for "export" button). This allows you to download data right into any spreadsheet application, and with that, you can add up the seconds or minutes or whatever.

Note, the 5,000 minute mark means a daily average of TWO AND A HALF HOURS of talking. That's... a lot.
#42645 by qchau
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:30 pm
Two and a half hours daily is great if you don't work from home and or retire. I have a telo at my house and my mother who is retire now has one at her house, She would easily do 2.5 hours a day on outbound. Working from home like myself I spend average of 3 meetings usually and that would be 2 hours something I would have more meeting but it's usually 3 and if I attend more meetings then I would be on the phone at least 5 hours.
#42665 by amoney
Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:08 am
Ooma has commented in the past that this limitation was more for telemarketers. Others have even mentioned that there household teenagers can easily exceed that as well. I dont think anyone has reported being charged for overage but... I totally understand the apprehension, you go by what is on the box.

https://www.ooma.com/blog/oomas-unlimited-phone-service/

What is more confusing now is the fact that Ooma is actively advertising its product for home "buisnesses".

I believe everyone is fine as long as you dont operate a call center out of your house, certainly copy and past the blog post though.
#44138 by Potts
Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:20 pm
qchau wrote:From what I read, Ooma is not unlimited but is limited to 5000 outbound minutes per months and unlimited inbound. I wish there was a minutes usage counter in My Ooma that way we know how much minutes we have left before getting charge.

If you need to talk that much than get 2 Ooma systems.