Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#42326 by Mike Hansen
Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:55 pm
Recently OOMA has started 500 minutes international call for $5 per month. I am wondering why limiting the time. I have two OOMA phone numbers and my wife likes to call her parents in Asia. It would be very nice if OOMA could extend the time limit. I am willing to pay USD.30 per month for 3000 minutes call to Asia. Any one else has the same thought? Please share your voice and let the OOMA Management know our wish. Thanks. :P
#42329 by arkumar15
Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:31 pm
I do not know which part of asia you are calling. I agree with you that ooma should introduce new unlimited international calling plans per lowest price per month. There is a website which gives very cheap price to call China. If you would like to know, email me as i do not want to advertise other companies on this website. And i do not get anything for referring you. All i want to help you.
#42341 by noltian
Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:19 pm
you would be better off switiching to other company for you wife if you expect to make that much calls to Asia.
There are VOIP companies like vonage offering unlimited call to Asia. You won't pay more than 40 with the unlimited plan in other companies
If you are already willing to pay more than 30 a month, I believe switching is really better bet. I personally uses Google Voice for international call...They are even cheaper than OOMA 500 minutes deal if you add up fee for premier service.

I don't think OOMA is designed well for international calls ( you have to listen to balance every time you call, call rate is one of the highest among VOIP..call quality is so-so, caller id on the other end does not display well and more...) even though OOMA is great for people who call domestics only.
#42387 by oomairvine
Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:40 am
After I saw https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/09/30/hello-ooma-telo/

# Unlimited International Calling Plans – Call international destinations all you want for as low as $9.99/mo

I bought the telo and try to switch to ooma, but since ooma only have $4.99 option, I still need to keep broadvoice service for Unlimited International Calling Plans about $30/mon. Still waiting, waiting, .........
#42407 by lchan
Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:11 pm
Depends on how much you call international each month. I also had broadvoice before. I use www.localphone.com to dial international. For the place I call is about 1 cents a minute. $30 equals to 3000 minutes.
#42437 by amoney
Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:50 pm
oomairvine wrote:After I saw https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/09/30/hello-ooma-telo/

# Unlimited International Calling Plans – Call international destinations all you want for as low as $9.99/mo

I bought the telo and try to switch to ooma, but since ooma only have $4.99 option, I still need to keep broadvoice service for Unlimited International Calling Plans about $30/mon. Still waiting, waiting, .........

Wow, that would be interesting, EXCEPT Ooma does not include Canada, com'on Ooma, get your act together!

I dont call international very much, but I would be much more inclind to get the international plan if Ooma would include Canada.

I compared Ooma to their competition, and they basicly match the same countries except 2 or 3 or so, but Canada should be a basic inclusion, unless Ooma is trying to milk revenue out of that connection.

:?
#42470 by Groundhound
Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:30 pm
amoney wrote:I dont call international very much, but I would be much more inclind to get the international plan if Ooma would include Canada.

Here's the International plan country list, and Canada is on it:

Then of course there is Google Voice, through which you can call Canada free.
#42488 by amoney
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:07 pm
Groundhound wrote:
amoney wrote:I dont call international very much, but I would be much more inclind to get the international plan if Ooma would include Canada.

Here's the International plan country list, and Canada is on it:

Then of course there is Google Voice, through which you can call Canada free.

:!:

Thanks for the correction, I dont know how I missed that!!!
#42491 by amoney
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:20 pm
With the calling plan do you still get the minute reminder message at the begining of the call??