Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#92505 by kelkin
Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 am
It seems like all Ooma will say is "Here is the only way you can do this", and just totally ignores the fact that we're asking for a feature which should be simple to impliment... it's a standard across all normal phone systems, why can't they at least acknowledge what we're asking for instead of just telling us we can't do it.. we KNOW we can't do it, that's why we all posted our complaints here...
-Keith
#107909 by dcolacino
Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:51 am
I would like to add my name to the list of folks who would like conventional handset flash-activated conference calling - just like Vonage and other phone services have. I often work from home, and have the tell unit in the basement where it connects to my router and central wiring for my household telephones. I often need to initiate conference calls and/or join incoming calls to existing call, and going to the Telo unit to do so is impractical. Since the telo unit already supports switching between calls with a handset flash, it seems feasible to change that to conferencing lines instead. Please add this features. Thanks.
#123726 by mftovey
Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:07 pm
Not being able to conference call with a non-Ooma phone is a deal breaker for me!! I signed up for premier service a few months ago and liked it so well, I went for the one year pre-paid option. This was all based upon the features that were advertised, including the conference calling. I never occurred to me that the operation could be anything other than the industry standard. As far as I am concerned, this is just bait-and-switch! I guess that I will be dropping Ooma service as soon as my contract runs out!
#123727 by oomamaniacal
Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:26 pm
mftovey wrote:Not being able to conference call with a non-Ooma phone is a deal breaker for me!! I signed up for premier service a few months ago and liked it so well, I went for the one year pre-paid option. This was all based upon the features that were advertised, including the conference calling. I never occurred to me that the operation could be anything other than the industry standard. As far as I am concerned, this is just bait-and-switch! I guess that I will be dropping Ooma service as soon as my contract runs out!

I use a Panasonic phone system and Ooma Telo Conferencing works fine for me. You just flash once to get a second dial tone while already on a call. Then when the second party answers, flash twice in succession and that joins all the parties together. I suggest you give it a try before giving up on Ooma. It's really a very simple procedure. Although, I have the previous Telo with the line indicators and that makes it a bit more straight forward because you can actually see when the two lines join.
#123838 by mftovey
Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:20 pm
I have a Panasonic system too and I could not get conference calling to work with the flash buttons. I called my cell phone and my wife's cell phone and tried to conference them together. I tried pause between flashes and flashes in rapid succession, still no go. My Ooma box is buried out of site in the basement in my network cabinet. I will try again and watch the Ooma box to see how it responds while doing this. Perhaps I missed it, but at the moment I am skeptical.
#123839 by oomamaniacal
Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:54 pm
mftovey wrote:I have a Panasonic system too and I could not get conference calling to work with the flash buttons. I called my cell phone and my wife's cell phone and tried to conference them together. I tried pause between flashes and flashes in rapid succession, still no go. My Ooma box is buried out of site in the basement in my network cabinet. I will try again and watch the Ooma box to see how it responds while doing this. Perhaps I missed it, but at the moment I am skeptical.

It's possible that your Telo is not operating properly.

If you have a phone with a regular switch hook, you could try varying the flash length, and if that doesn't work, then there is probably something wrong. But it should work with the standard Panasonic flashes. With the previous version of the Telo, a user can also conference using the line buttons on the Telo box, but even if your Telo has those buttons, it wouldn't help you much if it is buried in a closet, out of easy reach.

The other option would be to get a 2-line phone system and a Linx for the second line. That's what I have, and then you can use the conferencing built into the phone system. That would be somewhat of an expense, though, and wouldn't make sense since the Telo is designed to work with a standard, single-line phone, out of the box.
#123868 by focuspuller
Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
John0427 wrote:Does anyone know if Ooma is considering allowing the use of the "flash" feature prevalent on most phones to initiate a 3-way conference call? I know this topic has been raised several times during the past couple of years but doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I had this capability on my Vonage service and loved it.

I just tried the FLASH OVER while on one call and got a dial tone.
Maybe it's a PREMIER feature.
#123869 by oomamaniacal
Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm
focuspuller wrote:I just tried the FLASH OVER while on one call and got a dial tone.
Maybe it's a PREMIER feature.

Yes, conference calling is for Premier subscribers.