Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#42122 by kelkin
Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 pm
I think you should be able to join two called parties using the flash button as you can on any regular telephone system. You should be able to dial a number, press flash, dial your second number, and then press flash again to combine the calls. Pressing flash a third time would disconnect the last called party.
-Keith
#48627 by oog747
Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:56 pm
3-way conference call initiation using non-ooma handset ( without involving line buttons on telo base, which at the moment of a call can be somewhere far away ) is +- "a must" feature.

Switch to conference mode could be done by 2-3 "flash" presses in determined short period of time - say 2s. "Flash" with longer pauses in between should just switch between the active calls/lines as it does currently. This would allow to prevent conference between parties when it's not wanted.

It's already hard to justify subscription to "premier" service, so not being able to use simple and mostly standard features with generic/standard phone systems, makes that justification even more difficult.
#48643 by hingli
Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 am
This is a must need feature. I have a phone in my office and if I need to conference call I would need to go upstairs and walk to the living room just to make a conference call. I know a friend that has a Detached Office so he would have to go outside then walk to his house and walk to wherever he placed his ooma Telo. I would love a Telo handset but I hear that it hangs and the battery does not last long (and etc.).
#51109 by tulsiani
Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 am
I agree with the previous posts. Support for three-way calling using a non-Ooma phone (without having to walk over to the Hub, Scout or Telo) is a necessary feature. The usage has been pretty much standardized with the flash button and should not be too difficult to implement. I was always under the impression that it was supported and was really surprised that it required use of the base station.
#51121 by rajeshchar
Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 am
I agree with all the posters on this thread. One of the main reasons I purchased Ooma Premier service was 3-way calling. The feature page simply lists 3-way calling as one of the features with Ooma Premier with the following blurb: "Whether you’re doing business or chatting with friends, three-way conference calling has never been easier." This couldn't be more inaccurate and stinks of false advertising. Everyone in the free world is used to the "Flash" button on their handsets to make 3-way calls. Ooma's software design team screwed up big time with this one. They need to fix this ASAP. It is ridiculous to expect me to walk into my basement office (where my Ooma Hub is located) every time I want to make a 3-way call!!!!

Ooma, you need to fix this.
#82947 by tn63942
Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:50 pm
Yes, PLEASE fix this! My telo is co-located with my router, which is separate from my home office. To conference I have to run into the other room to press the 1 & 2 buttons. Pressing "flash" a second time to join two calls is standard in the ILEC world. Seems like this shouldn't be that hard to fix but I see this string has been going on for a while. Ooma, can you help us understand the challenge here?
#82964 by ntoy
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:25 pm
tn63942 wrote:Yes, PLEASE fix this! My telo is co-located with my router, which is separate from my home office. To conference I have to run into the other room to press the 1 & 2 buttons. Pressing "flash" a second time to join two calls is standard in the ILEC world. Seems like this shouldn't be that hard to fix but I see this string has been going on for a while. Ooma, can you help us understand the challenge here?

Hello,

I understand. Would you happen to have a telo handset? The only options we have are:

https://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/d ... kw/3%20way
#85191 by 44enviro
Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:14 am
You have got to be kidding me!!!!

I have had ooma for just over a year.. I don't often use the home phone (ooma) and rarely use conference calling outside of my cell phone... but!!!!.... I tried using it this morning in the typical fashion I have been familiar with over the last 15 years or so.. and that is by pressing the flash button, only to discover I didn't get a dial tone. i thought something was wrong with the phone, so I picked up a corded phone and hit the hook button to find my original caller still there. I then did some research only to discover that ooma has deviated from the norm on hitting flash to access a dial tone to initiate conference calling...

WTF... who deviates from the standard telco practices when bringing their own telco service to the masses? It is ludicrous to assume I will go to my hub to initiate a conference call. My hub is located in the basement not even remotely accessible. It is up on the ledge I would need a ladder to get to it! How ridiculous is this!

FIX THIS ASAP! shame on you ooma!

Regards,

James...
#90719 by John0427
Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 pm
Does anyone know if Ooma is considering allowing the use of the "flash" feature prevalent on most phones to initiate a 3-way conference call? I know this topic has been raised several times during the past couple of years but doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I had this capability on my Vonage service and loved it.