Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#42044 by aviateur
Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:03 pm
In those days where company can't hold their word, it would be nice to have a feature to instantly record phone conversation so that they are automatically sent to an email attachment when completed
I would like to be able to do this from the telo directly or by pressing a key (*1 or something else) on a telo handset or regular handset.

Can you please implement this? Since the voicemail feature already record a phone call I would assume it would not be to complicated to implement, just need to add a recording function when u press a key on the telo, a telo handset or a non telo handset.
#42061 by murphy
Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:58 pm
It's against the law to record a phone conversation unless both parties agree to the recording.
#42076 by aviateur
Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:49 pm
murphy wrote:It's against the law to record a phone conversation unless both parties agree to the recording.

You are the king of the one liner, but do you check your facts:
Can we tape? http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

In most states, If the other person agrees it is legal, so this feature makes sense, so what is your point?
In addition some states have one-party consent

Extract from the link above:
Thirty-eight states and the District of Columbia permit individuals to record conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so. These laws are referred to as “one-party consent” statutes, and as long as you are a party to the conversation, it is legal for you to record it. (Nevada also has a one-party consent statute, but the state Supreme Court has interpreted it as an all-party rule.)
#42503 by kelkin
Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:57 pm
murphy wrote:It's against the law to record a phone conversation unless both parties agree to the recording.

Not true, federal law states that you can record a call without the consent of the other caller providing you are party to the call, however it allows your state to enact more restrictions. New York for example does not, so in NY I can record any call I am party to without notifying the other party. I can't however record the calls of other people in my home, even though it's my line, since I am not party to the call. The exception to this of course is if I somehow notify both parties that their call is being recorded. I know this based on my research as I used to build call centers where call recording is an important tool used in training. You need to check the laws of your state.
-Keith
#42508 by Davesworld
Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:54 am
In the State Of Washington, both parties must consent. Nobody in their right mind would try to use a recorded conversation against another party if the other party resides in a two party consent state and the tape clearly did not have the other party verbally giving consent either by agreeing to it or continuing once it was disclosed. You would be the one in trouble and anything you gathered would not be useful in litigation against the other party. The tape had better have recorded one person informing the other that this conversation is being recorded if either reside in a two party state.

So go ahead and record away at will, the "I'm gonna do it anyway so there!" attitude could easily come back and haunt you, you've been warned.
#42518 by amoney
Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 am
Davesworld wrote:...So go ahead and record away at will, the "I'm gonna do it anyway so there!" attitude could easily come back and haunt you, you've been warned.

I would play it for the court just for the principle of it. I personally dont care for our kangaroo courts and their "loop holes", our justice system is not necessarily justice. Anyways I did not intend to hijack this thread with more politics, so please excuess me. Your point is clearly understood. Our justice system just erks me.