Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#41923 by Scott Spillers
Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 pm
I had an interesting issues today with my Telo. Incoming calls would ring twice and were then immediately dropped. They were not sent to voicemail, just dropped. This would happen consistently, regardless of where the call was originated from. Outbound calls continued to work without issue. Power cycling the Telo returned it to normal operation.

Has anyone else had this happen? It was an easy enough fix, but it doesn't instill a great deal of confidence in the system. We usually pickup the phone right away when we are home, so I have no idea how long this might have been happening.
#42236 by alear
Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:35 pm
Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem. My number is being ported so I'm using the existing land line for incoming calls direct into the telo device. I've had to switch the landline back to the phone because of the problem so I have something working.

I've contacted Ooma support but their first level phone support is rather unknowledgable (and all barely speak Engish) and their higher level support (which they refer to as the Palo Alto office) has not contacted me in 6-7 days so far, even though I have called back to check up on the progress. Obviously I feel that Ooma support is lacking. Not because I am having a problem but because of their lack of communications. I am a technical person and understand electronics at a low level as well as the phone system. Their support is so poor that I can tell that they are missing important information about my problem because they are so busy asking basic and scripted support questions.

I will post back with info on support as it happens. I'm glad to hear that there is at least one other person out there with the same problem.

I'd be interested to see if you are also still using a land line for incoming calls while you are number porting?

Alex
#43973 by Scott Spillers
Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:12 pm
I've discovered some additional info about this. If the calling party has their caller ID number blocked, incoming calls will ring twice and then be dropped. To test this, I can set my cell phone to restrict my identity, call my Ooma number and the call will ring twice and then be dropped. If I then turn off the identity restriction, it rings until answered or the voice mail picks up.

This has been happening for at least 2 weeks now. I have called tech support, but so far their answer is to have me power cycle my Telo and router. My Telo works just fine otherwise, I'm confident that this problem has nothing to do with my Internet connection.

Try restricting your identity on your cell phone and then call your Ooma Telo phone number and see what happens and post a reply if you are experiencing this issue as well.
#44007 by goldie
Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:16 pm
Make sure your "do not disturb" button is off....that is the lighted button with the envelope on it. Press and hold for 2 seconds till light is out....When it is lit, your incoming calls are going directly to voice mail.....good luck
#44062 by Scott Spillers
Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:01 am
goldie wrote:Make sure your "do not disturb" button is off....that is the lighted button with the envelope on it. Press and hold for 2 seconds till light is out....When it is lit, your incoming calls are going directly to voice mail.....good luck


Do not disturb is off. The system works perfectly for all incoming calls provided that the caller's identity is not restricted. The only work around that I have found is to enable "Anonymous Call Block" in My Ooma. If Anonymous Call Block is not enabled, any calls from people who have disabled their caller ID are abruptly dropped after 2 rings.

This is 100% repeatable. I can call home from my cell phone with my identity restricted and my call will be dropped after 2 rings. If I do not restrict my identity, the call will go through as normal.
#44065 by Scott Spillers
Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 am
alear wrote:Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem. My number is being ported so I'm using the existing land line for incoming calls direct into the telo device. I've had to switch the landline back to the phone because of the problem so I have something working.

I've contacted Ooma support but their first level phone support is rather unknowledgable (and all barely speak Engish) and their higher level support (which they refer to as the Palo Alto office) has not contacted me in 6-7 days so far, even though I have called back to check up on the progress. Obviously I feel that Ooma support is lacking. Not because I am having a problem but because of their lack of communications. I am a technical person and understand electronics at a low level as well as the phone system. Their support is so poor that I can tell that they are missing important information about my problem because they are so busy asking basic and scripted support questions.

I will post back with info on support as it happens. I'm glad to hear that there is at least one other person out there with the same problem.

I'd be interested to see if you are also still using a land line for incoming calls while you are number porting?

Alex


My number was ported last month and I have not had a land line connected to the Telo at any point. Other that this issue, everything works great. I've rebooted the Telo many times and the problem persists. I suspect that this is a bug in the Telo firmware. My Telo is currently running software version 32829.
#133707 by bware
Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:51 pm
Same issue, it is not related to blocked caller id's. This issue surfaced after I cancelled the premiere service due to the horrific customer and tech support. If OOMA wants to grow they better get there tech services up to snuff as of now they are completely worthless and that makes there product (ESPECIALLY BUSINESS) worthless. My interactions with both customer service and tech support are beyond bad. I will probably have to move on to something else if they can't get it together. If anyone has a real solution please post it. I moved the ethernet cable from a switch off the gateway/router to the gateway/ router but i have my doubts that it will fix the issue outgoing calls are fine. With people moving to cell only for many households they better get it together soon.
#133716 by southsound
Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:46 pm
Rather than reply to a six-year old thread that has been addressed dozens of firmware updates ago and is not even (by your own first sentence) related to the same problem, why not consider starting a new thread?

As an Ooma user since way before that thread first started, I can attest to the quality and customer concern of the company. I find it curious that your forum name "bware" seems to define a person who isn't really interested in a solution but wants to trash a company that is very highly rated among its many users.
#133718 by oomamaniacal
Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:05 pm
bware wrote:Same issue, it is not related to blocked caller id's. This issue surfaced after I cancelled the premiere service due to the horrific customer and tech support. If OOMA wants to grow they better get there tech services up to snuff as of now they are completely worthless and that makes there product (ESPECIALLY BUSINESS) worthless. My interactions with both customer service and tech support are beyond bad. I will probably have to move on to something else if they can't get it together. If anyone has a real solution please post it. I moved the ethernet cable from a switch off the gateway/router to the gateway/ router but i have my doubts that it will fix the issue outgoing calls are fine. With people moving to cell only for many households they better get it together soon.


If you provide a detailed description of the issue and your current configuration, someone on the Forum may be able to help you solve it.

I have always received very polite service when calling the support line and I have learned a lot from this Forum.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests