Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#41652 by darwinlisa
Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:00 am
Hi,
I do very much enjoy OOMA's solutions. Thank you very much.

I recently received an email message alert for my number that linked me to someone else's account.
At that time, I was able to see their messages, their entire calling history and account information.
Of course, I politely logged out.

I'd like to suggest that OOMA work to improve the security and privacy of the solution. Here are some specific areas for improvement:

1. Recent Call Log vs. Calling History
It might be convenient to allow instant access to recent calls. The entire account calling history should be stored behind a password request regardless of persistent cookie settings.

2. Personal & Account Information
Regardless of being logged in, selecting options even to view (and not just adjust) personal account settings should require the user to re-authenticate.

I'm sure your bright and energetic team will find even better solutions than suggested here. Obviously an important element of telephone calls is a genuine level of privacy as required by regulators. Tying OOMA too much to non-private communcation methods such as email and Internet is something to consider very carefully as you plan forward.

Regards, Darwin
#41653 by Aveamantium
Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:03 am
You may not want to post your e-mail/phone number here as bots are continuously searching it.