Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#41867 by Mido
Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 am
joeed2 wrote:It is unlikely this will be available in the next 60 days. So you might as well take it back now. Then check back periodically. If/when they do away with the "1", you can always go back and buy it again.

I listened to your wisdom and canceled my account ;)
#42065 by Questor
Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:12 pm
jmassimilla wrote:...Currently, the only time it will forward directly without having to press 1 is if you select the "Forward on internet outage" option. I've disconnected my hub from the internet and selected that option when I've wanted to forward calls and it's worked fine.

Maybe thats the way it works for a Lifetime Premier Subscriber, but it isn't the way it works for me. I've actually tried what you've written different ways, trying immediately to waiting a couple of days, but when I disconnect the ooma, it ends up going straight to voice mail, it NEVER rings the other number as you describe. :cry:
#47081 by amoney
Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:45 pm
Questor wrote:
jmassimilla wrote:...Currently, the only time it will forward directly without having to press 1 is if you select the "Forward on internet outage" option. I've disconnected my hub from the internet and selected that option when I've wanted to forward calls and it's worked fine.

Maybe thats the way it works for a Lifetime Premier Subscriber, but it isn't the way it works for me. I've actually tried what you've written different ways, trying immediately to waiting a couple of days, but when I disconnect the ooma, it ends up going straight to voice mail, it NEVER rings the other number as you describe. :cry:

There have been other users posting the same experience, I think one needs to call support and have them check the account, something not working as it should be.
#50747 by WaltW
Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:44 am
Add me as someone who would like to have this as an option. Our calls roll over to my wife's cell phone. It is inconvenient to press a button to accept a call and then have to listen to tell if a second Ooma response is needed if the call is a rollover. Plus you cannot answer hands-free with a Bluetooth headset. We miss and have to dial back most of our calls.
#51018 by azvanpire
Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 am
I also have to say the "Press 1" message is a pain in the ass! If I want my calls forwarded to another number.......I want my calls forwarded to another number! Ooma let go of the call and send it on its way! If I forward it to my cell phone, guess what I WANT to answer it with my cell phone or how about letting ME make the decision to answer or let it go to my CELL phone voice mail! OOMA LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS............GET RID OF THE PRESS 1 OPTION ! If you get a call and the customer has it forwarded to another number, send it on its way and let go, back off, leave it alone! I HOPE YOU ARE LISTENING!
#51332 by effects66
Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:35 pm
TAKE THIS FEATURE OFF!!! Or at the very least make it an OPTION!! I get 20-30 call a day that have to be forwarded and by pressing one is one annoying, two, because it gets forward to my phone I don't have the time to press the number one and so I miss the call. Three because I forward to a cell while I am driving I can not touch my phone because of California law.

Get rid of this feature. Also if I want it to be answered on my cell or what ever phone I choose that should be an option as well. should be able to turn off the answer fuction when needed!!

If I knew about the press one 1 everytime a phone call got forwarded I would have never bought this and ported my number over!!! Now I am going to have to port it again and get rid of Ooma and go to Vonage or someone else.
#51342 by juliawright
Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:40 pm
Add me to the list of people who want the "press 1" option removed or made optional!!

I recieved business calls on both a land line and my cell phone. I had my land line setup to forward to my cell after 3 rings or if I was on the phone (busy/no answer forwarding). So I just used my cell phone as my primary - and only - voicemail.

I was excited about the multi-ring ooma service. Today my number finally ported. I was VERY surprised when I had to press 1 to answer the call (as I usually use my bluetooth to answer).

Secondly - I got several voicemails on my cell that were just recordings of the "press 1 to answer this call..." - I guess because my voice mail kicks in before the ooma voicemail (which I had set at the max of 59 seconds).

SO - Now I guess I can't use my cell's voicemail anymore. I'm forced to use Ooma, which is not convenient.

By the way - I found out that I could have my ooma voicemails set up to be e-mailed to me. That's great - but the files come in as mp3's - so if you are on a blackberry the only way to listen to them is on speakerphone. Not good for trying to check voicemails at a public place.