Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#41295 by cclauset
Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 am
Why, oh why does the Telo handset lack support for an external, corded headset? Bluetooth would be a compromise at best (yet another battery powered device to [re]charge; and not nearly as comfortable for long-term wear). This lack of a hardware headset jack is the primary reason why I won't buy Telo handsets (and by extension, won't subscribe to Premier).
#45762 by jerrygno
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:00 am
I strongly agree with this request. My second phone number will be for working at home which the ability of plugging in a headset is a must. I am probably going to have to use my main number for most outbound calls since I'll have a plaintronics headset on it through the telephone line connection. I am hesitant to buy a telo handset extension for my second number without the ability to plug in a headset.
#55564 by murphy
Fri May 14, 2010 1:22 pm
The Telo base will support a bluetooth headset using a proprietary Ooma branded bluetooth dongle connected to the USB port.
The dongles are not yet available.
#58719 by cclauset
Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:26 am
murphy wrote:The Telo base will support a bluetooth headset using a proprietary Ooma branded bluetooth dongle connected to the USB port.

Right, but a 30' radius is a pretty short leash from the base. And that's under ideal conditions without obstructions like walls/floors. A headset jack is much cheaper, more reliable, and would have a substantially longer range (by virtue of the DECT 6.0 connection between handset and base).
#70341 by wqhc11
Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:56 pm
I have been thinking about buying the Telo handset but could not find if there is a headset jack in the user guide, google search led me to this forum. And yes, this is the must have feature for me.

Does Ooma have any plan to add this feature in the future handset? Bluetooth solution is not what I am looking for(distance limitation and power/battery needed).