Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#41260 by Meredithbay
Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 pm
Currently, when call forwarding or Mult-ring is configured, the caller-id of the original caller is send to the forwarded phone -- typically this is what you would want.

I would like to have an OPTION that would send my OOMA phone number to the forwarded number (I would not know who called, but would know that the call was forwarded from my OOMA device).

The reason that this OPTION makes sense, is that some mobile phone companies (Verizon Wireless), allows me to configure some land-line phones such that all calls made to/from this number do not use my minutes.

Assume the following:
Caller's phone number: 555-111-1234
My Ooma Phone number: 555-222-3456

Call forwarding is enabled on my Ooma to my cell phone:

When the caller calls my Ooma number, the caller's phone number (555-111-1234) displays on my phone. I am charged minutes for the call.

If I had the OPTION to send my Ooma number for forwarded calls (555-222-3456), I would not be charged minutes for the call.
#41433 by KEEPER
Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:40 am
I second your request for a "Caller-id" option. My reasoning is just wanting to know that the caller called my Ooma. That way, if I'm at my Ooma Telo site, I can answer the Ooma and not my cell. I can see a lot of people not wanting to run up their cell phone minutes also.

Depending on how "Forwarding" is implemented and who handles the Caller-id, I can see issues with this. What about "Forwarding" loops?
#41436 by Meredithbay
Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:50 am
Forwarding is already enabled and working with Ooma, so this request would not cause "forwarding loops".

I would simply like to have the option to have the caller-id of forwarded calls show my Ooma number, not the original caller...At least with Verizon Wireless, I could assign my Ooma number to my "friends & family" and not be charged minutes for these calls.
#41965 by KEEPER
Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 pm
Meredithbay wrote:Forwarding is already enabled and working with Ooma, so this request would not cause "forwarding loops".

I would simply like to have the option to have the caller-id of forwarded calls show my Ooma number, not the original caller...At least with Verizon Wireless, I could assign my Ooma number to my "friends & family" and not be charged minutes for these calls.

With my Ooma Telo, I cannot get any of the "Call Forwarding" feature to work at all. Do you have an Ooma Telo or do you have a Ooma Hub/Scout?

So what if Verizon Wireless gave you the option to forward your calls to say your Ooma telephone number because where you were at Verizon coverage sucked (like my residence) and you forgot that you forwarded your Ooma phone number to your cell because several days ago when you were away from your residence?
#42031 by caseybea
Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:27 pm
Boy. Having an option of the call-forwarding caller-id-from number to be the ooma would be... an awesome feature to add tothe premium set.