Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#41095 by nebebo
Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:36 pm
Right now the Omma Telo only offers the cordless handset.
I would love to see a Corded Omma Telo Handset. When I am next to the computer or in a room where i do not want a cordless phone I would love to have a corded version. :idea: Go ahead and call me old school but I still perfer the corded phones over the cordless phones for indoor use, and cordless for outdoor use and for use in the kitchen while cooking.
#41100 by southsound
Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:51 pm
nebebo wrote: Go ahead and call me old school but I still perfer the corded phones over the cordless phones for indoor use, and cordless for outdoor use and for use in the kitchen while cooking.

I like the corded ones better in the kitchen because if I happen to drop the handset into a pan of chicken stock or alfredo sauce I have an easy way to retrieve it. :P
#41109 by R-T-B
Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:39 pm
This may be off-topic, but I actually have a rotary dial telephone that is from the 1930's that I attempted to convert to work on ooma. Unfortunately, Ooma does not support pulse dialing, and my attempts to use a converter (dialgizmo) seem to confuse ooma.

Oh well. :)
#41110 by murphy
Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:45 pm
R-T-B wrote:This may be off-topic, but I actually have a rotary dial telephone that is from the 1930's that I attempted to convert to work on ooma. Unfortunately, Ooma does not support pulse dialing, and my attempts to use a converter (dialgizmo) seem to confuse ooma.

Does this "gizmo" have it's own power supply?
#41123 by R-T-B
Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:13 pm
murphy wrote:
R-T-B wrote:This may be off-topic, but I actually have a rotary dial telephone that is from the 1930's that I attempted to convert to work on ooma. Unfortunately, Ooma does not support pulse dialing, and my attempts to use a converter (dialgizmo) seem to confuse ooma.

Does this "gizmo" have it's own power supply?

No, it runs off of line voltages. Supposedly works with most VOIP Providers, but not ooma.

Too bad, retro on high tech would've been pretty cool... Well, at least I think so. :)

Oh, and half the reason I love my old phone is the ring. Boy does it grab attention. Suprisingly,it works quite well with Ooma's line voltages, sounds like schools getting out whenever it rings. ;)
#41132 by murphy
Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:11 pm
The maximum load that the Telo can support is 5.0 REN. Each phone is supposed to have it's REN number on the label. Does the pulse to touchtone adapter have a REN number on it?
#41133 by R-T-B
Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:16 pm
No, but it has a spec sheet that is as follows:

Phone line environment
On hook line voltage …………...… 18v to 65v
Off hook line current ……………… 7mA to 60mA
Ringing voltage …………………… max 250v

Dialgizmo
Power supply ……………………… Line powered
Line current draw (on hook) …….. Approx 100nA
Line current draw (off hook) …….. Approx 5mA
Operating temperature …………... 5° C to 35° C
Ringing pass-through ……………. 2 REN

For more information see the Dialgizmo website at:

http://www.dialgizmo.com
#41147 by murphy
Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:04 am
R-T-B wrote:No, but it has a spec sheet that is as follows:

Phone line environment
On hook line voltage …………...… 18v to 65v
Off hook line current ……………… 7mA to 60mA
Ringing voltage …………………… max 250v

Dialgizmo
Power supply ……………………… Line powered
Line current draw (on hook) …….. Approx 100nA
Line current draw (off hook) …….. Approx 5mA
Operating temperature …………... 5° C to 35° C
Ringing pass-through ……………. 2 REN

For more information see the Dialgizmo website at:

http://www.dialgizmo.com

2 REN is a large load these days. Does it have an option to add an external power supply?
How many other phones are connected to the phone port of the Ooma?
#41237 by R-T-B
Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:13 pm
Quite a few phones, but all cordless besides this one. And wouldn't it have trouble ringing if it was eating all the RENs? It certainly doesn't have trouble with that, just can't dial out without starting a busy signal.

And no, there is no way to hook up external power, not that I can see.