Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#40771 by amoney
Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:42 pm
OK, so first question are these features included?

Can somone elaborate more on the Pure Voice? Is this to safe guard packet loss?

Is the Bluetooth going to be built in or an add on plug in device (USB)?

I know I know... wait for the show...
#40800 by southsound
Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:29 pm
amoney wrote:OK, so first question are these features included?

This feature will probably incorporate a combination of a new codec and some modifications to ooma's data streaming process. Since it will be available on the hub and the Telo (per Rich B's twitter post) I don't think it will involve the hardware as much as what is run on it.
Is the Bluetooth going to be built in or an add on plug in device (USB)?
From what I understand, it will be a dongle that will plug into the USB port on the Telo. I don't think it will be available for the hub.
Of course, I haven't been to Vegas to see this great stuff. The forgoing is just my stab at things. The one about Bluetooth is probably more accurate than the earlier description. :P
#41492 by Bobby B
Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:00 pm
amoney wrote:OK, so first question are these features included?

PureVoice is adds packet redundancy (up to several levels) during periods of high Internet congestion. It's a fairly unique feature in both the consumer and enterprise space. It's adaptive - so it only adds the appropriate redundancy as it detects packet loss.

The plan is to make it available for all Ooma Telo systems (Premier is not required).

amoney wrote:Is the Bluetooth going to be built in or an add on plug in device (USB)?

It's going to plug into the USB port of the Telo. It'll be able to pair with your mobile phone or bluetooth headset. In the future we'll also be able to support importing of contacts from your mobile phone to the Telo via bluetooth.
#41494 by doc
Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:14 pm
So is there a new telo I just got mine a 2 weeks ago should I return and wait for the new model? Or is the new features just a over the line update to come?

Doc
#41495 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:22 pm
doc wrote:So is there a new telo I just got mine a 2 weeks ago should I return and wait for the new model? Or is the new features just a over the line update to come?

Doc

Not a new Telo but a firmware update. The Bluetooth attachment is new hardware but will plug into your existing Telo's USB port.