Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#40580 by allo
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:52 pm
googlevoice wrote:In the beginning Vonage tried to rip customers off. They did not learn their lessons when other VOIP companies started the VOIP business and took business away from Vonage. But now they learnt their lesson and trying to make Vonage more user-friendly and trying to give incentives so that lost customers can join back Vonage. Actually the latest report mentioned that Vonage actually added more customers last year compared to last three years because of the introduction of Unlimited World plan.


I don't think there are more than 10% (of the people in the US) who make any International calls...
#40606 by daet
Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:38 am
allo wrote:I don't think there are more than 10% (of the people in the US) who make any International calls...

You're probably right. But I'll bet you that statistic is higher for people who use VoIP services.
#40723 by amoney
Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:24 pm
googlevoice wrote:I understand, but still I am willing to pay $10-15 if unlimited calling comes to the rest of the world. I know people on average an individual customer will call may be one or two countries but Ooma can make money on that. Like Vonage is making money allowing 70 countries. Do we think an average Vonage customer calls all 70 countries? Impossible.........



I agree. Vonage has a very strong plan. I myself only went with Ooma becuase I dont call internationally (very infrequently), if I did call alot Vonage would of had my buisness. The Ooma $5 plan as I read it is very weak almost a joke. I understand the killing on connection charges to cellular networks and thus not covered in international plans, thats another rip off and out of control.

I am happy that if I do need to call, that the rates are low.
#40855 by bw1
Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:09 am
amoney wrote:
googlevoice wrote:I understand, but still I am willing to pay $10-15 if unlimited calling comes to the rest of the world. I know people on average an individual customer will call may be one or two countries but Ooma can make money on that. Like Vonage is making money allowing 70 countries. Do we think an average Vonage customer calls all 70 countries? Impossible.........



I agree. Vonage has a very strong plan. I myself only went with Ooma becuase I dont call internationally (very infrequently), if I did call alot Vonage would of had my buisness. The Ooma $5 plan as I read it is very weak almost a joke. I understand the killing on connection charges to cellular networks and thus not covered in international plans, thats another rip off and out of control.

I am happy that if I do need to call, that the rates are low.


Other than the price per month and number of minutes, the Ooma and Vonage plans are very similar when it comes to countries (landline and mobile numbers) included. Almost identical.
#43975 by oomg
Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:32 pm
arkumar15 wrote:It would be nice if ooma could introduce unlimited calling to international destinations as vonage did for some low price per month (for e.g $ 9.99). This was said by ooma itself when telo was introduced in the month of november.


Try looking at Ooma's international bundle: https://www.ooma.com/premier/international-bundle

Seems to be limited to Premier customers... so, it looks like about $15 per month for basic subscribers to get Premier and the international bundle. Only $5 per month for existing Ooma subscribers. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.
#44265 by oomairvine
Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:06 pm
arkumar15 wrote:It would be nice if ooma could introduce unlimited calling to international destinations as vonage did for some low price per month (for e.g $ 9.99). This was said by ooma itself when telo was introduced in the month of november.


I am going to pay $5 for 500 mins till ooma have $9.99 plan avalible.
#44314 by amoney
Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:48 pm
bw1 wrote:
amoney wrote:
googlevoice wrote:I understand, but still I am willing to pay $10-15 if unlimited calling comes to the rest of the world. I know people on average an individual customer will call may be one or two countries but Ooma can make money on that. Like Vonage is making money allowing 70 countries. Do we think an average Vonage customer calls all 70 countries? Impossible.........



I agree. Vonage has a very strong plan. I myself only went with Ooma becuase I dont call internationally (very infrequently), if I did call alot Vonage would of had my buisness. The Ooma $5 plan as I read it is very weak almost a joke. I understand the killing on connection charges to cellular networks and thus not covered in international plans, thats another rip off and out of control.

I am happy that if I do need to call, that the rates are low.


Other than the price per month and number of minutes, the Ooma and Vonage plans are very similar when it comes to countries (landline and mobile numbers) included. Almost identical.


I recently did review, and stand corrected. The limited minutes is not appealing, but considering all things, its not that bad.

However, the reviews of LD connection/quality has not sounded very good.
#44683 by luntam
Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:13 am
I'm having problems calling Hong Kong and trouble ticket has been created with Ooma. Ooma CS can look at my logs anytime. Before offering unlimited world wide calling, fix the problem first or Ooma is going to have a bunch angry customers. I think Ooma can compete with Vonage because sound quality is better and price is right.
#45174 by whn
Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:24 am
googlevoice wrote:In the beginning Vonage tried to rip customers off. They did not learn their lessons when other VOIP companies started the VOIP business and took business away from Vonage. But now they learnt their lesson and trying to make Vonage more user-friendly and trying to give incentives so that lost customers can join back Vonage. Actually the latest report mentioned that Vonage actually added more customers last year compared to last three years because of the introduction of Unlimited World plan.



Why on earth do people join Vonage at $25 a month over $199 at OOMA for life. (basic service)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests