Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#40436 by BobB
Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:44 am
I would like to see Voice Mail converted to text and sent as a text message to a cell phone. I can get the message using email but most folks have text and not email on their phones. Maybe If/When Ooma partners with Google Voice this will be available. Has anyone heard anything on this?
Thanks,
Bob
#40476 by southsound
Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:48 am
BobB wrote:I would like to see Voice Mail converted to text and sent as a text message to a cell phone. I can get the message using email but most folks have text and not email on their phones. Maybe If/When Ooma partners with Google Voice this will be available. Has anyone heard anything on this?
Thanks,
Bob

I think the problem may be with both Google and with ooma that is causing the delay. Integration will require lots of coordination between the platforms. I think it wll happen, but maybe we'll know more tomorrow at CES.

Some time ago I faced the option of changing my long-standing phone numbers so I could use Google Voice. It was only an inconvenience for a little while. I changed my landline voicemail to announce the change and took voicemail off my cell so people would be forced to either call the new number or if they used the home number they would reach us if home or the announcement if not. Since we use call presentation, callers to the GV number never get the "new number" message. I don't know how long it will be before we get the GV extensions, but this works well for me for now.