Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#40112 by Lee168
Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:58 pm
I am displeased with the fact I am not able to participate in the buy out program. The program has operated as an unadvertised option available only to a select few, as it is not discussed on OOMA web site; by the time I discovered that the option existed on the evening of Dec. 31, 2009, it was already too late to take advantage of the program. My trial for premiere service will end in a few days, and I had already been planning on extending it for another year. I tried calling today, Jan. 4, 2010 (the next business day after discovering the option), in order to obtain a waiver to sign up for lifetime service, but the representative informed me that I was too late. The representative further informed me if I had called yesterday, Jan. 3, 2010, I would have been able to take advantage of the lifetime service offer. My complaints are two-fold in that (i) the option for lifetime service at a cost of $350 should have been better publicized and (ii) it seems suspicious that the offer would have been valid yesterday, but not today, as one would not normally consider Sunday a business day. My experience has been unsatisfactory and is the reason behind my decision to remain a basic customer instead of permanently upgrading to the premiere service. Any other folks experience same?
#40113 by southsound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:03 pm
Did you try asking for sales? If I got that response, I would ask for a supervisor. ooma is a great company that normally tries to do the right thing. Refusing to sell it to you today is NOT THE RIGHT THING and ooma should rethink it. Please don't give up. If all else fails with additional calls, do a PM to Dennis P or Bobby B. To do that, find one of their posts and click the envelope beneath their name. Please let us know how it works out.

Bobby or Dennis, if you read this post, please try to make things right!

Almost forgot, Lee - welcome to the forum and to ooma. I'm sure they will take care of you. Hang in there. These are great people. I'm sure they will make you hppy!
#40116 by bw1
Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm
Lee168 wrote:... permanently upgrading to the premiere service.

I'm wondering if they've removed the option because some people will interpret lifetime as their lifetime and not the lifetime of the device.
#40154 by joeed2
Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 pm
Lifetime premier was available for purchase online in "My Ooma" all weekend long.
#40158 by bw1
Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:54 pm
southsound wrote:Refusing to sell it to you today is NOT THE RIGHT THING and ooma should rethink it.

They would have continue selling it indefinitely or have a cut off at some point. Someone was reporting that the cut off was supposed to be 12/31. Apparently, you could still purchase online up until yesterday.
#40161 by The Talker
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:05 pm
joeed2 wrote:Lifetime premier was available for purchase online in "My Ooma" all weekend long.

It was not available in my MyOoma!
#40164 by southsound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:08 pm
bw1 wrote:
southsound wrote:Refusing to sell it to you today is NOT THE RIGHT THING and ooma should rethink it.

They would have continue selling it indefinitely or have a cut off at some point. Someone was reporting that the cut off was supposed to be 12/31. Apparently, you could still purchase online up until yesterday.

Holding fast to an arbitrary deadline: $349.00
Making a customer a lifelong supporter: Priceless

Yes, there must be deadlines. But what would it cost ooma to do the right thing? In fact, they could do it behind the scenes for all I care. They don’t have to post here that they have done it. I just want them to respond in the way that best characterizes the company. And IMHO, ooma is better than denying this customer the opportunity to buy the Lifetime Premier option. I am definitely an ooma cheerleader - I have my pleated skirt and pom poms to prove it (ugh - that's an ugly picture to leave in your mind) but I think ooma could - and will - do the right thing. I love this company and their products. I refuse to entertain the thought that they would let Lee168 and all who believe in ooma down.
#40166 by bw1
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:16 pm
There will be people asking for it months (maybe years) from now.

It's too bad they didn't add it as a normal selection from the beginning and are not continuing it. I guess they don't think it's in their best business interest long-term.
#40169 by joeed2
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:22 pm
There was a sticky on the top of every forum for a couple months about the $99 annual extension and the $350 lifetime. It said over and over again that the deal ended 12/31/09. The sticky was something like 40 pages by the time it was removed at year end, re-hashing and re-iterating that the deal ended 12/31/09 for 40+ pages.
#40172 by The Talker
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:35 pm
Bummer. I missed it..... I just got into this thing a few days ago....

Can't help think of Veruca in Willy Wonka, "But I want it now Daddy"!
Attachments
crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg
crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg (14.5 KiB) Viewed 3777 times
willy-veruca-560.jpg
willy-veruca-560.jpg (145.79 KiB) Viewed 3777 times