Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#39708 by RadioActiveLamb
Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:15 pm
I activated my Telo without the landline option. Now, I am having second-thoughts. I'd like to plug-in my land-line into the "wall" jack on the Telo so that I can continue to receive phone calls with the old line during the port process. I've looked all-over in "my ooma" and on the ooma device configuration. The device shows that I have the line plugged in, but when I call it, it rings forever on the calling phone, but my home phone never rings.

Can I switch-on the landline option until porting is complete?
#39710 by Fignewton
Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:18 pm
I believe you have to contact customer service to change it. I've read in previous posts that once a line is integrated you have to call CS to get rid of it. I'm imagining you'd have to do the same if you chose not to integrate it.
#39712 by murphy
Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:23 pm
It's much simpler to just plug a separate phone into your land line until the port completes. Incoming calls on the land line phone and outgoing calls on the phone connected to the ooma phone jack.
#39721 by southsound
Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:29 pm
Like murphy said, you might want to reconsider for a couple of reasons. There have been some problems with landline integration and the Telo. Also, integrating your landline does not allow you to really test out how well the Telo works before you have turned off the landline. When it is integrated you use the landline for all incoming and local outgoing. The only time you are really hearing how the Telo works is when you call long distance. You also loose some of the features of the Telo (especially during your Premier trial) when integrated. In my humble opinion, you are better off staying like you are until the port is complete. Of course, it is your choice. Before you make the decision, why not do an advanced search of the forum using this string: http://www.ooma.com/forums/search.php?keywords=Telo+integrated+landline+problem+&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
#39729 by RadioActiveLamb
Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:49 pm
I called (hold-time for a rep was 25 mins) and converted it to an integrated line. It is working great now. Keeping two lines for me during the port process is not practical, given my wiring set-up. I'm jumping both-feet in and will assume the risks.

I appreciate the feedback and the warnings. However, I take the number of problems posted here with a grain of salt. Rarely do people come to a support forum to post how well a device works.

So-far, I'm very happy with the Ooma.