Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#39579 by thbjr
Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:19 pm
Dennis P or Bobby B,
I have been a 100% satified OOMA customer until now. It is very upsetting to me that the Lifetime Premium subsrciption, was in the words of the opperator I just added 1 year of Premier with, "never publisher or advertised until now". My original premier subscription began on Sept 25, '09 and there was certainly no lifetime option visably available online when purchasing premier service, as there is now. If there had been, I certainly would have opted for it.
I ask the operator that took my order just now if there was an option to add lifetime subscription for an additional $250, since it was only available again to use her words, "verbally". The short answer was no. She also commented that I was not alone in my not understanding why OOMA was not allowing members with Primium service, that were not given the option "verbally" of a lifetime subscription when they originally purchased a 1 year Premium subscription, the option to simply pay the differance in their current subscription and the lifetime subsrciption.
I really feel like the little girl in the ALLY Bank commercial. The man ask the first little girl if she wants a pony and the answer is "sure", so he pulls a toy pony from his pocket and gives it to her. She smiles very big. He then ask the little girl sitting next to her if she would like a pony. She also replys yes, but this time he makes a ck..ck..ck horse call and a real pony come out for the 2nd little girls. When the first little girl says "I didn't know I could have a real pony", the man replies "you didn't ask".
I guess it's not just certain banks that only tell you about the best deals, if you happen to know what to ask, but some VoIP providers also! :?:

EDIT: Here, see just how I feel. Here is the commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qb0vquRcys
#39592 by bw1
Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:50 pm
They recently added Premier Extension options to the Add-ons page in MyOoma - https://my.ooma.com/products/addons_det ... _extension with a lifetime premier option for $350 or 1-3 additional years at $99.99 per year.

Neither of those options include a handset or a port.

My impression is that it's only available to those that purchased a Hub and/or transferred their Hub account to the Telo and already have premier.

There may have been some early on that were able to get lifetime premier by calling in. There was some discussion about it earlier in the year, but it wasn't something that Ooma publicized.

But most of us here missed out on the really great deal - the Ooma white rabbit. This was their beta program when they were sending out 1500 Hubs in July of 2007 - for free! Those all included the lifetime premier.

Also, when the first Hubs went on sale in September of 2007 for $400, they also included lifetime premier. I think that was changed in April of 2008 when the price was lowered to $250 and Ooma started offering the premier features for an additional subscription.
#39608 by thbjr
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:32 pm
jkjflee, thanks for the link. It becomes painfully clear in that thread that the OOMA Mods and CS arn't on the same page when it come to the precise terms of the Lifetime subscription. However, the mention of a pro rate into Lifetime from Anual was only mentioned and never really addressed. It is also indirectly refered to by Bobby P. when he writes:
Let me clarify (hopefully) a few things regarding the Lifetime plan:

* It extends your warranty to three years. This way you get at least 3 years of service on your investment (if you bought the plan at the same time as the hardware). The warranty only covers the original hardware that the plan was bought under.

My beef is that it wasn't made available to customers purchasing the only available web based Anual Premier plan. As the operator told me, the Lifetime was ONLY available "verbally". In other words, just like the comercial I linked to says..."well you didn't ask".

This seems to be futher confirmed by bw1's post stating:
There may have been some early on that were able to get lifetime premier by calling in. There was some discussion about it earlier in the year, but it wasn't something that Ooma publicized.

That just really rubs my rash the wrong way. I could have had the Lifetime subscription if I had ASK for it for a total of $350, but only if I ASK for the unpublisized offer before I signed up for the HIGHLY publisized, and only option available on the web, Anual sucscription. If I want it after I paid for the anual subscription, oh well, it will now cost me a total of $450 ($99 + $349).
#39613 by bw1
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:47 pm
thbjr wrote:That just really rubs my rash the wrong way. I could have had the Lifetime subscription if I had ASK for it for a total of $350, but only if I ASK for the unpublisized offer before I signed up for the HIGHLY publisized, and only option available on the web, Anual sucscription. If I want it after I paid for the anual subscription, oh well, it will now cost me a total of $450 ($99 + $349).

I'm not sure if anyone got it for $350 that hadn't already signed up for Premier and if they did, it didn't include a free port, as far as I know. I'm sure someone will chime in if they were able to get that.

Everyone that got Lifetime Premier that I've read about, including me, already paid $99.99 for Premier. I suspect most of us who signed up for the $99.99 Premier, got it to get the free port plus Premier. The emails that I got recently only advertised the $99 Premier and not the Lifetime.
#39619 by thbjr
Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:20 pm
bw1, I appreciate your response. If that is the only way to get the lifetime subscription, it would certainly ease my discomphort. But unless I'm reading Bobby P wrong, and that could certainly be the case, he stated:
Let me clarify (hopefully) a few things regarding the Lifetime plan:

* It extends your warranty to three years. This way you get at least 3 years of service on your investment (if you bought the plan at the same time as the hardware). The warranty only covers the original hardware that the plan was bought under.

When he wrote "...(if you bought the plan at the same time as the hardware).", I understand he was specificly addressing the 3 year warranty, but in context of the entire statement, it looks as though the "...Lifetime plan:" was available as a plan that could have been purchased as a first plan and without an Anual plan having been purchased prior to the Lifetime plan.

Irreguardless, the crux of the matter is that the plan WAS available, but ONLY for those were clairvoyant enough to ASK a CSR about something that they had no idea existed and was not an option given to a new customer setting up service through the web. Now that person would indeed be clairvoyant, (or a referral from a member that had purchased the original $400 hub and recieved the Lifetime plan after the price drop).