Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#39280 by whn
Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:15 pm
Just got in before the upcoming deadline, supposedly the sales rep I spoke to, said they are ending lifetime sub sales by the end of the year but I also heard that it's actually by Jan. 4th or 5th of Jan. 2010.

If you're planning on getting lifetime, now is the time , it won't be offered again. (at least for now)

I would get it before Jan. 1st to be safe.

$350
#39408 by Soundjudgment
Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:48 am
The reason it is being extended has to do with no one being available on New Years. Monday is the next 'Business Day' to handle any last-minute orders. So they are offering the weekend as a grace-period for last minute future Ooma-Lifers. This should apply to anyone who wants to get in at the $99/yr. Ooma Premier level as well.
Last edited by Soundjudgment on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
#39411 by joeed2
Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:56 am
I wouldn't take any chances. If you want Lifetime, why not pull the trigger today?

What happens if your internet goes down over the weekend, Ooma's servers are busy or down, your credit card is rejected, or a million other things that could go wrong.

Might as well lock it down and purchase today. Then enjoy a New Year's eve drink to Ooma.

I purchased yesterday, just to be sure I would get locked into lifetime.
#39425 by whn
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:45 am
joeed2 wrote:I wouldn't take any chances. If you want Lifetime, why not pull the trigger today?

What happens if your internet goes down over the weekend, Ooma's servers are busy or down, your credit card is rejected, or a million other things that could go wrong.

Might as well lock it down and purchase today. Then enjoy a New Year's eve drink to Ooma.

I purchased yesterday, just to be sure I would get locked into lifetime.

ditto
#39434 by murphy
Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:01 am
dsinternet wrote:A couple of weeks ago I asked a question on the forum and no one replyed.
Here it is again.
I would like a free handset.
Do lifetime subscriptions get the free handset?
If they do not, then I will get the year long subscription.

In my experience, no. However I purchased lifetime on a hub which is incompatible with a handset.
Only Ooma can answer your question. Call the sales department and ask them.
#39437 by dsinternet
Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:13 am
murphy wrote:
dsinternet wrote:A couple of weeks ago I asked a question on the forum and no one replyed.
Here it is again.
I would like a free handset.
Do lifetime subscriptions get the free handset?
If they do not, then I will get the year long subscription.

In my experience, no. However I purchased lifetime on a hub which is incompatible with a handset.
Only Ooma can answer your question. Call the sales department and ask them.

Thanks. I was hoping someone with a Telo would reply to this post. I am on vacation with family so I will call CS later this week. (By the way, I moved my Telo and handset to my parents place where I am staying and everything worked great. Plugged the Telo in and plugged the battery back in the handset and everything worked)
By the way. The $99 deal is not for Telo people. Correct?
#39470 by joeed2
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:21 am
In the coming months, you won't have a problem buying used handsets on ebay. They already have used Hub/Scouts on ebay right now.

I'm not sure if it is worth paying over a hundred dollars per year forever, just to get a free handset. Getting a Lifetime now, then a used handset on ebay later might be a better overall value.

You can even get a new handset right now on Amazon for $49, free shipping and no sales tax. I think getting the Lifetime and buying a handset is going to be a better overall long-term value, rather than a free handset and annual payments forever.
#39536 by dsinternet
Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:14 pm
You make a good point. Lifetime without a free handset will be a much better value then paying the yearly fee for life. I am on hold as I write this. Its been about 10 minutes so far and I need to leave in 20 minutes. I hope I can get the lifetime subscription within the next 20 minutes.

Update:
Was on hold for 17 minutes. I told CS that I wanted Lifetime and they asked me a couple of questions and they processed my credit card that was on file and said I was set. I logged out then back onto my account and saw that I was listed as lifetime.
Once again, GREAT CS each and every time I have called Ooma. I don't know if I am just lucky or what. Great job Ooma!! Total of 20 minutes from when I dialed up Ooma to it showing up on my account (and 17 minutes of it was me on hold waiting for a human to pick up my holding call)
Keep up the good work Ooma.
dsinternet, your newest Lifetime member