Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#39139 by mbartholo
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:11 am
Let's just say i know how to start and run a company. I purchased an ooma that my wife thought would be a good idea. After all its advertised nationally as no cost telephone service (anything to lose ATT) and simple installation. In my simple installation i've talked to customer service twice to determine why the telo didn't finish its first download in under 20 hours even after I followed their crack instructions. No answer so i came to the forum to get some simple advice on installation and find hundreds of also disgruntled ooma customers. So customer service doesn't have the training to help solve "simple" install problems, there apparently is no such thing as tech support other than the good people on the forum, ooma is advertising nationally that they have a simple answer to phone bills that will just add more people to the help forum and with all of the obvious lack of management planning, better instruction on installation, better trained reps to solve all the problems on the forum, nothing appears from anyone speaking for the company except more service offerings, beta announcement. This is sad. ooma goes back to costco today.
#39142 by bw1
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:22 am
mbartholo wrote:Let's just say i know how to start and run a company. I purchased an ooma that my wife thought would be a good idea. After all its advertised nationally as no cost telephone service (anything to lose ATT) and simple installation. In my simple installation i've talked to customer service twice to determine why the telo didn't finish its first download in under 20 hours even after I followed their crack instructions. No answer so i came to the forum to get some simple advice on installation and find hundreds of also disgruntled ooma customers. So customer service doesn't have the training to help solve "simple" install problems, there apparently is no such thing as tech support other than the good people on the forum, ooma is advertising nationally that they have a simple answer to phone bills that will just add more people to the help forum and with all of the obvious lack of management planning, better instruction on installation, better trained reps to solve all the problems on the forum, nothing appears from anyone speaking for the company except more service offerings, beta announcement. This is sad. ooma goes back to costco today.

You already posted in another thread, there was no need to start another. Frankly, you didn't provide enough information on your installation issues in the other thread.

I don't know why I bother spending time to help.
#39187 by southsound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:31 am
bw1 wrote: I don't know why I bother spending time to help.

Because you are an awesome person with great technical knowledge and a desire to help ooma succeed and their customers to have a wonderful VoIP experience. Sometimes you will end up with a person who is more interested in complaining than they are with making things work. Some even espouse great business or technical expertise but are so stubborn that some of the rocks in my back yard have greater possibility of success both in life and in getting their ooma to work. :P

All this to say we appreciate you and the expertise you bring to the forum. Don't let people like the OP get you down. And have a very happy, prosperous, and safe New Year!
#39236 by bw1
Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:55 pm
southsound wrote:Because you are an awesome person with great technical knowledge and a desire to help ooma succeed and their customers to have a wonderful VoIP experience. Sometimes you will end up with a person who is more interested in complaining than they are with making things work. Some even espouse great business or technical expertise but are so stubborn that some of the rocks in my back yard have greater possibility of success both in life and in getting their ooma to work. :P

All this to say we appreciate you and the expertise you bring to the forum. Don't let people like the OP get you down. And have a very happy, prosperous, and safe New Year!

Hey, thanks, Southsound. You and your family have a Happy New Year too!
#39268 by Mike-o-Matic
Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:23 pm
southsound wrote:
bw1 wrote: I don't know why I bother spending time to help.

Because you are an awesome person with great technical knowledge and a desire to help ooma succeed and their customers to have a wonderful VoIP experience.

I second all of that! Some of us DO appreciate the good will found here!

You know what? I feel the pretty much same way about my day job, and my various volunteering activities, almost *all*of*the*time. People's valuation of the help they receive frequently is in inverse proportion to the $$$ cost they have to pay for it. That's pretty much human nature, so don't let the unappreciative ones get ya down. :D
#39281 by circlef
Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:16 pm
I'd like to say that I have two Ooma systems (Hub and Scout) installed for over 8 months and have NEVER had a problem with them. I read the forum to learn and find that with all of the experts here willing to donate their time, I've learned a lot. I've also seen many many people with problems who've been helped by the wonderful people on this board and are now happy Ooma users (and most probably don't come back much so we don't hear about their joy). And, to top it off, I'm saving well over $300 a month from my old AT&T bills :D

Those few that come here to bash Ooma and its users due to their "instant gratification" needs not being met are not worth worrying about. Please don't let those few get to you, the rest of us (and there are many) much appreciate your help and advice. Keep up the great work. Long Live Ooma!

Happy New Year

Alan
#39304 by amoney
Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:50 pm
My initial firmware update took 10 min. Comcast support may suck but there speed cant be beat.

Unfortunatley there are so many variables when trying to troubleshoot a product like this, everyones experience will be varied due to difffering factors. Granted there seems to be a genuine concern for product quality...

Ooma support may not have all the answers, however I was impressed by low wait times, english speaking, and when the girl did not have the answer, she referred me to the number I should call (presales question). Then after install I had a PORT question issue, though again customer service did not have a complete answer but try it again solution, the issue was solved, now I just have a followup problem regarding double billing that I will see how email customer support is able to handle, if not I will just call again. I have patience, and dont have a concern in regards.

The bottom line for me was I would be easily willing to pay a total of 15 bucks/mo for voip service, maybe throw in included calling to Canada, add in a more robust international calling coverage (the current 5 bucks plan is weak). And Ooma smokes the competition (The competition only saved me a few bucks comparied to ATT where Ooma saves ALOT).

Personally I think Ooma has shot itself in the foot with this FREE****** small print. People are going to rip on it lots!!! And then you have what I consider a Telo handset disaster (note I was all ampd to buy 4 of them but Ooma disapointed). I am very happy I did not go with the handset, granted I loose the ability of 2 lines, but I have my cell if need be. Otherwise I still can place 2 calls and join them together without the Telo handset, plus my new Panasonic can pickup the Ooma voicemail if I wanted to, but I decided to just use the Panasonic answering machine and can check and control just the same and better from the Panasonic hansets then the Ooma handsets.

I found out about Ooma last year in a CES Blog review of the new upcoming Ooma TELO, I quickly went to Amazon and looked it up and said WOW! But I wanted to wait for the TELO even risking a price hike. And so I waited forever. I was also waiting to see if Ooma was showing any signs of going out of buisness. I hope they dont, I am so happy to get rid of ATT and all those obnoxious fees.