Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#38987 by Quicksprj
Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:49 pm
I am a premier subscriber and have 2 lines. My question is, is it possible to configure line 2 to allow anonymous or blocked calls but have line 1 block these calls? I looked on my.ooma and don't see a way to do so but wasn't sure if I was missing something. If this isn't possible I would suggest ooma add the ability to do so.
#38989 by Groundhound
Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:03 pm
Quicksprj wrote:I am a premier subscriber and have 2 lines. My question is, is it possible to configure line 2 to allow anonymous or blocked calls but have line 1 block these calls? I looked on my.ooma and don't see a way to do so but wasn't sure if I was missing something. If this isn't possible I would suggest ooma add the ability to do so.

Yes, but you will need to assign a "personal device" by assigning the second phone number to either a Scout (for Ooma Hub/Scout) or Telo Handset. You will then have a second my.ooma login for that number.
#38993 by Quicksprj
Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 pm
I'm assuming then that if I get a call on the second number then it is only going to ring the telo handset assigned? My friend just got a hub and scout for Xmas and wanted to configure second line this way. So in his case only the phone hooked to the scout would ring if he assigned second number to scout? I'm not to up on assigning devices so does that also mean if a message is left on line one then the scout won't blink with message because it was message on line one?
#39208 by murphy
Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:51 pm
shedberg wrote:Great! So how do you do it??? I do not get an option in my ooma.

Preferences -> Phone Numbers -> Add a Personal Device
#39242 by shedberg
Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:08 pm
I tried that but that forces me to add another number. I already have two numbers. When I try to make the telo not shared, it does not give me an option. Also, when I click on shared, it states that the telo does not yet support the personal device feature.
#39246 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:13 pm
shedberg wrote:I tried that but that forces me to add another number. I already have two numbers. WHen I try to make the telo not shred, it does not give me an option. Also, when I click on shared, it states that the telo does not yet support the personal device feature.

If you click on the number you want to associate, do you get a box with "Associate to Device" as a choice? You should be able to select your handset from the dropdown list.