UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
DawnW
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Post by DawnW » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:18 pm

Well, we have had Ooma two full days.

I have now ordered a replacement plug as this one that came with it is so darn touchy! I barely bump it and the internet shuts down completely and I have to go through the entire start up process again with unplugging everything, plugging it in one at a time......it has been driving me CRAZY!

We finally have it in a place we hopefully won't touch or brush up againt anything, but that is a horrible plug!

Hope the replacement comes soon.....DH has offered quite a few swear words about that *****ing Ooma thing I just bought! :o

Hope I can eventually prove to him this was the right decision.

Dawn

daet
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:21 am
Location: Metairie, LA

Re: UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Post by daet » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:51 pm

DawnW wrote:Well, we have had Ooma two full days.

I have now ordered a replacement plug as this one that came with it is so darn touchy! I barely bump it and the internet shuts down completely and I have to go through the entire start up process again with unplugging everything, plugging it in one at a time......it has been driving me CRAZY!

We finally have it in a place we hopefully won't touch or brush up againt anything, but that is a horrible plug!

Hope the replacement comes soon.....DH has offered quite a few swear words about that *****ing Ooma thing I just bought!
Until you receive the replacement, why don't you take the plug into place?

Joyce
Ooma customer since April 2009
Ooma equipment: Hub ; Telo + 4 handsets
Ooma service: Annual Premier subscription

DawnW
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Post by DawnW » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:02 am

I htink you mean tape. I could, but honestly, just the little giggle from putting the tape on would reset everything.....that is how sensitive it is.....so that would mean resetting it again.

DH held the thing in with one hand to move it. The ooma didn't go off, but the computer did, so just that little jossling triggered it......then I had to reset it AGAIN!

And no, this was never a problem before.

ARGH!,

Dawn
daet wrote:
DawnW wrote:Well, we have had Ooma two full days.

I have now ordered a replacement plug as this one that came with it is so darn touchy! I barely bump it and the internet shuts down completely and I have to go through the entire start up process again with unplugging everything, plugging it in one at a time......it has been driving me CRAZY!

We finally have it in a place we hopefully won't touch or brush up againt anything, but that is a horrible plug!

Hope the replacement comes soon.....DH has offered quite a few swear words about that *****ing Ooma thing I just bought!
Until you receive the replacement, why don't you take the plug into place?

Joyce

Groundhound
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 9:28 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Post by Groundhound » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:02 am

DawnW wrote:DH held the thing in with one hand to move it. The ooma didn't go off, but the computer did, so just that little jossling triggered it......then I had to reset it AGAIN!
Your computer lost power when you moved the power plug for the Telo?

DawnW
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Post by DawnW » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Oh, no, sorry.....it lost internet, but wouldn't come back on without unplugging all the routers and re-powering them up.


Dawn
Groundhound wrote:
DawnW wrote:DH held the thing in with one hand to move it. The ooma didn't go off, but the computer did, so just that little jossling triggered it......then I had to reset it AGAIN!
Your computer lost power when you moved the power plug for the Telo?

User avatar
nebebo
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:27 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Post by nebebo » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Hey, I also have the same problem, I have had ooma for 4 days now. Looks like the metal peice that goes into the unit is to short and will not stay in the unit. I tried the tape but the the other cords next to it it makes it impossible to get a secure tape connection. I have not yet contacted ooma with this problem. I thought it was just me.

DawnW
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Post by DawnW » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:53 am

Have you ordered a replacement?

byersthja
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:31 am

Re: UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Post by byersthja » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:05 am

nebebo wrote:Hey, I also have the same problem, I have had ooma for 4 days now. Looks like the metal peice that goes into the unit is to short and will not stay in the unit. I tried the tape but the the other cords next to it it makes it impossible to get a secure tape connection. I have not yet contacted ooma with this problem. I thought it was just me.
Is your Ooma Telo power adapter fitting loosely?

Postby Bobby B » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:00 pm
If you have a power adapter for your Ooma Telo that is loose and easily disconnected, please send an email to telo_power_adapter@ooma.com with the subject line "Loose Telo power adapter" and the following information:

* Telo activation code:
* Where you bought your Telo:
* Your name:
* Your email address (for shipping notification):
* Your shipping address:
* Any special shipping instructions (please keep it simple):


We'll have a replacement power adapter shipped to you. The shipment will include a prepaid return shipping label. Please send the old power adapter back to us for analysis.

Please do not use the above email address for any other problems or inquiries about your Telo as this goes directly to our logistics folks who won't be able to help you.

User avatar
nebebo
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:27 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Post by nebebo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:53 am

Hey, I sent an email to that address and it was returned to me as undileverable.
byersthja wrote:
nebebo wrote:Hey, I also have the same problem, I have had ooma for 4 days now. Looks like the metal peice that goes into the unit is to short and will not stay in the unit. I tried the tape but the the other cords next to it it makes it impossible to get a secure tape connection. I have not yet contacted ooma with this problem. I thought it was just me.
Is your Ooma Telo power adapter fitting loosely?

Postby Bobby B » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:00 pm
If you have a power adapter for your Ooma Telo that is loose and easily disconnected, please send an email to telo_power_adapter@ooma.com with the subject line "Loose Telo power adapter" and the following information:

* Telo activation code:
* Where you bought your Telo:
* Your name:
* Your email address (for shipping notification):
* Your shipping address:
* Any special shipping instructions (please keep it simple):


We'll have a replacement power adapter shipped to you. The shipment will include a prepaid return shipping label. Please send the old power adapter back to us for analysis.

Please do not use the above email address for any other problems or inquiries about your Telo as this goes directly to our logistics folks who won't be able to help you.

DawnW
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: UGH! Internet keeps going off.....

Post by DawnW » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:38 am

I would try again and cut and paste. I sent one and it went through just fine.

Dawn
nebebo wrote:Hey, I sent an email to that address and it was returned to me as undileverable.
byersthja wrote:
nebebo wrote:Hey, I also have the same problem, I have had ooma for 4 days now. Looks like the metal peice that goes into the unit is to short and will not stay in the unit. I tried the tape but the the other cords next to it it makes it impossible to get a secure tape connection. I have not yet contacted ooma with this problem. I thought it was just me.
Is your Ooma Telo power adapter fitting loosely?

Postby Bobby B » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:00 pm
If you have a power adapter for your Ooma Telo that is loose and easily disconnected, please send an email to telo_power_adapter@ooma.com with the subject line "Loose Telo power adapter" and the following information:

* Telo activation code:
* Where you bought your Telo:
* Your name:
* Your email address (for shipping notification):
* Your shipping address:
* Any special shipping instructions (please keep it simple):


We'll have a replacement power adapter shipped to you. The shipment will include a prepaid return shipping label. Please send the old power adapter back to us for analysis.

Please do not use the above email address for any other problems or inquiries about your Telo as this goes directly to our logistics folks who won't be able to help you.

Post Reply