Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#38573 by Davesworld
Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:31 am
Mine was pushed at around 10pm last night. The only weird thing I see is that I can now only log into the telo via the Home Network port. When doing so, the base address is still set in the dmz and the modem port mac is still set to use built in. Very odd. Hopefully there will be a post telling us exactly what this firmware update is supposed to do.
Last edited by Davesworld on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#38574 by Aveamantium
Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:34 am
Murphy found a way to get around this... Clear the DMZ and setup a forwarding rule that forwards port 80 to the Home Port Address 172.27.35.1.
#38575 by Davesworld
Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:43 am
That did the trick, thanks. I did get to witness the device getting the firmware push, I only happened to be in my computer room and happened to see the Ooma logo blinking out of the corner of my eye.
#38582 by tigercruise
Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:12 am
Davesworld wrote:Mine was pushed at around 10pm last night. The only weird thing I see is that I can now only log into the telo via the Home Network port. When doing so, the base address is still set in the dmz and the modem port mac is still set to use built in. Very odd. Hopefully there will be a post telling us exactly what this firmware update is supposed to do.

Someone please explain in pain language what this means??? For example, I haven't seen any info anywhere on how to log into the Telo. Thanks.
#38583 by WayneDsr
Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:41 am
1. If you have your Telo in between your modem and router you can log into the Telo with http://setup.ooma.com
You should be able to see the setup screen.
OR
2. If you have your Telo connected into the router as you would a pc then connect a pc or a laptop to the HOME/NETWORK port of the Telo. Restart the pc/laptop so it can obtain an ip from the telo. Open up a browser and type http://setup.ooma.com
You should now be able to see the Telo setup screen. To be able to log into the telo with out connecting to the HOME/NETWORK port you must configure the Telo.
In the ADVANCED screen at the bottom you'll see a PORT FORWARDING screen.
ADD a new rule.
Set it up as I have mine set up.

Wayne
Attachments
portforwarding.jpg
portforwarding.jpg (15.51 KiB) Viewed 8269 times
#38653 by jcarcopo
Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:49 am
I attempted this and am no longer able to get connected to setup.ooma.com

-->TWC-CABLE-MODEM
---->Hawking HBB1 Broadband QOS BOOSTER IN-LINE
------>APPLE TIME CAPSULE ROUTER LAN SIDE 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.252-254 EXCLUDED FROM APPLE LAN DHCP SCOPE)
-------->OOMA TELO LAN PORT ASSIGNED: 192.168.1.252 (TELO LAN DHCP RANGE 192.168.1.253-192.168.1.254)
---------->OOMA TELO Port 80 Forwarded to 192.168.1.252

I am unable to reach setup.ooma.com

I also tried setting the OOMA TELO LAN PORT back to 172.27.35.1 without any dhcp scope as its not necessary, then I added the PORT 80 FORWARD to 172.27.35.1, but I'm still unable to access to setup.ooma.com from any pc or mac on my network that is assigned a 192.168.1.XXX IP address.

DMZ is not set to anything, I thought the whole point was to eliminate using DMZ?

What am I doing wrong?

Or what exactly is this configuration suppose to allow?
#38656 by Davesworld
Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:20 am
You need to use the address your router assigns to it, you only use setup.ooma.com if you use the home port to access the device.

Also, you port forward exactly as you see in Wayne's attached picture. The internet port needs no forwarding.
#38659 by jcarcopo
Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:30 am
I factory reset the Telo. I set the forward rule to the default LAN IP 172.27.35.1 port 80.

I unplug my pc network cable from the ooma lan port and reconnect it to my hp gigabit switch and attempt to access the OOMA SETUP from Firefox by typing 172.27.35.1. The OOMA page title loads and the left menu selection load, but then the following message appears:

The server at 172.27.35.1 is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.