Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#38450 by dpierce
Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:18 pm
Hello, I’m a new Ooma customer and haven’t really had much success with it yet since getting my Telo a few weeks ago. I've been wondering how others have been fairing and what they think of Ooma now. Here’s a quick survey asking for your current feelings about your Ooma experience. I invite others reading this to sound off with their concerns and general comments surrounding "The Trouble with Telo's". Yes, a Star Trek reference ;)

If you had to rate the way you feel about Ooma currently from 1-5 stars, what would you say?

1.) How satisfied with Ooma as a company?

2.) How would you rate the Telo Base?

3.) How would you rate the Telo handset?

4.) How would you rate Ooma’s Phone Support?

5.) How would you rate Ooma’s Email support?

6.) Is Ooma your exclusive home phone service?

7.) How satisfied with Ooma’s long distance rates?

8.) How would you rate the cost of the Ooma hardware in general?

9.) Lastly a written question. What improvement(s) to the Telo system you’d ask for in its next incarnation?
(For example; my personal wishes other than having it work as promised are for a headset jack on the handsets and a second line port on Telo base for Premium subscribers to use their own 2-line system if they wish).

PLEASE: Keep replies professional and respectful of others. I realize we each may be upset (as I am myself) about how the Telo rollout has been handled, but "try" to be objective, just state the facts. Nothing is going to change if all we do is rant wildly. That said, I truly look forward to your comments. - Doug
#38451 by dsinternet
Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:33 pm
dpierce wrote:Hello, I’m a new Ooma customer and haven’t really had much success with it yet since getting my Telo a few weeks ago. I've been wondering how others have been fairing and what they think of Ooma now. Here’s a quick survey asking for your current feelings about your Ooma experience. I invite others reading this to sound off with their concerns and general comments surrounding "The Trouble with Telo's". Yes, a Star Trek reference ;)

If you had to rate the way you feel about Ooma currently from 1-5 stars, what would you say?

4 stars

4 stars

4 stars

2 stars but getting better

4 stars, I have never had a problem with them, but didn't give 5 stars since I read all the problems others have with them.

1 star, they have never returned my email (other then Dennis P)

Yes, that is all I have.

5 stars. I only call in the USA, so $0 extra cost is wonderful

4 stars. Its great other then the new Telo Handset, which gets better and better with every software update. I would say $20 for the Telo Handset would seem like the right price. $50 is way overpriced since there are much better cordless phones out there that do a better job at half the cost.

9.) Lastly a written question. What improvement(s) to the Telo system you’d ask for in its next incarnation?
(For example; my personal wishes other than having it work as promised are for a headset jack on the handsets and a second line port on Telo base for Premium subscribers to use their own 2-line system if they wish).
Second Line Port on the Telo base is the big one. Having that would bring in tons of cash to Ooma with people signing up for premier. I would jump on the Lifetime Premier if that was included. Otherwise, voicemail to text sent on e-mail like Google Voice and Vonage have.

PLEASE: Keep replies professional and respectful of others. I realize we each may be upset (as I am myself) about how the Telo rollout has been handled, but "try" to be objective, just state the facts. Nothing is going to change if all we do is rant wildly. That said, I truly look forward to your comments. - Doug
#38566 by jcarcopo
Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:34 am
dsinternet wrote:
dpierce wrote:Hello, I’m a new Ooma customer and haven’t really had much success with it yet since getting my Telo a few weeks ago. I've been wondering how others have been fairing and what they think of Ooma now. Here’s a quick survey asking for your current feelings about your Ooma experience. I invite others reading this to sound off with their concerns and general comments surrounding "The Trouble with Telo's". Yes, a Star Trek reference (AHHH YES TRIBBLES!) ;)

2 stars

4 stars

4 stars

1 star (FRANKLY THE TELO HANDSET IS AN ABORTION)

1 star, (MAKE FALSE PROMISES, NEVER CALL BACK, CONSTANTLY DISCONNECTED, NO RMA PROCEDURE TO RETURN THE TELO HANDSET!!, VAGUE PROCEDURE, NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING, ETC

1 star, they have never returned my email (other then Dennis P)

Yes, that is all I have.

5 stars. I only call in the USA

3 stars, (THE ECHO PROBLEMS ARE INTOLERABLE, THE HANDSET IS USELESS/ THIS ENTIRE UPGRADE FROM SCOUT/HUB TO TELO WAS UNNECCESSARY AND COSTLY WITH NO R.O.I.)

Telo Handset needs to be as good as a Panasonic DECT phone, it is not; Google Voice needs to be fully supported, it is not; all of my handsets should simply work, they don't!; transparency between corporate, customer service, and engineers to resolve problems on the first phone call.; NEVER RELEASE HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE THAT IS BETA JUST TO MAKE THE XMAS BUYING SEASON!!

#38567 by The Talker
Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:43 am
Overall rating: 2

:( :o :shock: :!: :cry:

:D :) :cool: :P :D

:cry: :o :( :?: :!:

:| :| :| :| :|

:D :? :) :P :idea:

:( no

:D :D :D :D :D

:( :( :cry: :( :(

The ability to use the base as an actual phone device. Numbers pad, speaker phone ect. less a handset. Speaker phone type.
#38580 by WayneDsr
Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:51 am
dpierce wrote:Hello, I’m a new Ooma customer and haven’t really had much success with it yet since getting my Telo a few weeks ago. I've been wondering how others have been fairing and what they think of Ooma now. Here’s a quick survey asking for your current feelings about your Ooma experience. I invite others reading this to sound off with their concerns and general comments surrounding "The Trouble with Telo's". Yes, a Star Trek reference ;)

5 stars

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

5 stars (I've never used the new off-shore support)

5 stars

No (Telo, Ooma core, basic landline)

5 stars (only use Canada)

4 stars.
Second line support. Better handset screen. Louder voicemail volume on the Telo base.

#38613 by daet
Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:43 pm

3. Screen clarity needs to be improved, and the lettering is too small. The sharp edges are annoying during a long phone call.

5. I have only used them once. I haven't used the new off-shore support.

5. I have PM'd moderators here on a few occasions, and have had a very rapid response from them that has solved the problem.

Yes.

Maybe - depends on where.

Excellent value for money.

I'd like Ooma to provide a T.38 fax gateway as a pay-for service. Many other VoIP providers already do.

Joyce
#38642 by Davesworld
Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:14 pm

2 (A painful abomination with Cobra walkie talkie styling), would rather have a second phone jack

4 (I have only had to use it once so not much to say)

4 (decent, not very fast though)

Yes, I was using 8x8 before for two years.

4 (would be nice to have Canada included without a balance)

4 (Of course you are not really paying for the hardware as much as future usage)

Definitely a second phone port or better, an updated scout. The handset will need to be superseded to have any real value. HD voice will not be usable in the real world during the Telo's lifetime. Just give us phone jacks thank you!

#39016 by dpierce
Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:49 pm
There have been some great responses to the survey so far. Thanks and keep them coming. I'm in agreement with nearly all of you and you’ve all articulated things perfectly. As for you "dsinternet"; I feel your pain and can sympathize with your handset woes. Thanks for all the feedback.

Doug
#39156 by KEEPER
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:13 am

Since I have only been an Ooma Telo user for two weeks, I would rate it a 4 and leaning toward a 5 star.
A KUDOS to you for giving your customers a 60 day trial of the Premier package. I have evaluated a
fair number of beta hardware and software appliances related to my job and 30 days is not enough
time for one not familiar with a product or it is not their main priority.

In general, very satisfied. There has been no need to contact the company directly for support. The
setup went as documented and I have been able to answer my questions via the website.

I chose Ooma Telo over Skype and Magic-Jack because of the low power consumption and the feature
one can get with the Premier package.

Not a Telo handset user.

Haven't had a need to use phone support yet.

Haven't had a need.

No it isn't. It is currently the secondard phone service. The land line is the primary
because it is used constantly 8x5 for work related tasks.

Cannot beat the long distance rates for my in-state relatives. Long distance to cell phones
in the Netherlands is rather costly compared to the free service.

As a replacement for our second line, I see it taking two years to pay for itself. Hope to make
the Ooma the prinary line and add the Premier package once work related tasks are no longer
needed.

Your example pretty well sums up my wishes. The only feature I could think of is a way to take advantage of
ones cell phone service. A friend has a cradle device (AT&T?) that allows his land line type handsets to make
cell calls. Only one part of his house has good cell coverage, much like my house has very poor cell coverage
except up on the roof.

I may have more feature requests once I complete the 60 day trial. I see you have a forum for requests.

Lastly, I would highly recommend the Ooma Telo product to others with similar requirements as I have.

--KEEPER