Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#38396 by Oahued
Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:57 am
For five weeks now I have been trying to get a Honolulu phone number - cannot

I even got an email informing me to call technical support as there iw a number available - I called and tech support did not know what I was talking about - my call was within 30 minutes of the email

What good is having a unit if you cannot secure a local phone number - this is a frustrating experience for me and I have now spent quite a bit of time trying to acquire a phone number.

Anyone else having similar experiences, I was told it is their carrier that is having trouble securing phone numbers - If anyone from Telo is looking at this please get me my phone number for Honolulu, HI.
#39002 by ericplow1
Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:50 pm
I am having the same problem. I live in the largest metropolitan area of North Carolina and they can't even assign me a phone number in my area code! That is absolutely ridiculous.
#39005 by southsound
Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:00 pm
ooma has been able to get numbers for people in areas where the numbers are not currently available. Ask support to escalate your request to a higher level. I have seen them respond in a positive way many times in the past. With the holiday on Friday and a lot of new customers because of Christmas, it might take a few days to get a response.
#39006 by Oahued
Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:05 pm
It has been escalated with no result - have contacted Amazon & Costco Buyers with issue - On Internet many other people have the same issue.

Perhaps the company is waiting for funds to come in before purchasing additional numbers.
#39007 by Groundhound
Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:16 pm
ericplow1 wrote:I am having the same problem. I live in the largest metropolitan area of North Carolina and they can't even assign me a phone number in my area code! That is absolutely ridiculous.

I suspect the number shortage in NC is temporary and due to holiday demand. Hopefully they will become available again in a few days. If your goal is to port your number to Ooma, you could pick a temporary number for testing purposes, and if satisfied with the call quality and features, port your existing number over to replace the temporary number.
#39013 by southsound
Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:20 pm
Oahued wrote:It has been escalated with no result - have contacted Amazon & Costco Buyers with issue - On Internet many other people have the same issue.

Perhaps the company is waiting for funds to come in before purchasing additional numbers.

I'm pretty sure when I said to escalate I meant to ooma's higher level of support. Last time I checked, Amazon and Costco buyers were not very involved in obtaining phone numbers. But even more interesting is that you contacted BOTH??? Can't you remember where you bought your unit? Sorry, but your comment made little sense.

Why not have the ooma tech support people create a ticket and escalate to a higher tier who can acutally purchase the number for you. When I first bought my ooma core back in February there were no Shelton, WA numbers. I called support and they were able to get me one. Now I have 3 numbers in my local calling area. One for my hub and two for my Telo. Please don't tell me it can't be done if you ask the correct people.
#39024 by ericplow1
Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:33 am
I have tried numerous times on sevearl occasions and spoken to several phone reps. I also got a "ticket number", which is useless. I have also tried to email the support link, but all emails to support are returned as undeliverable. This makes me wonder how reputable and how much longer this company will stay in business.