Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#38375 by amoney
Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:52 pm
I went the route of using my own telephone system to handle everything, so I do not need the entire Telo to be lit up, I would prefer just the Ooma logo to light up on the lowest setting.

Funny thing, is that I have the light setting turned off, after 12 hours the Ooma logo lights up solid blue and stays like that for a day, at first I thought GREAT! but after a day it disappears and nothing, back to the way I set it.

So whats with the Telo Ooma logo only showing up???

BTW I replicated the behavior twice.

Anyways, obviously it is possible, I just dont need all the other lights lit up and would just prefer the Ooma logo.

Thanks for the consideration.
#48052 by kelkin
Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:13 pm
Did you ever find out an answer to this? I'm having the same issue tonight, the Ooma logo is lit blue (solid) even though I set it to dark mode.
-Keith
#48054 by mthomtech
Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:16 pm
This is just a guess, but it may have something to do with the Telo getting updates. Because the updates usually have the logo's showing progress, maybe it stays on afterward for some reason.
#48055 by amoney
Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 pm
kelkin wrote:Did you ever find out an answer to this? I'm having the same issue tonight, the Ooma logo is lit blue (solid) even though I set it to dark mode.
-Keith

Just reset it back to all dark mode.

I notice if the internet connection goes down, then the Ooma logo will start to flash red. Once the internet connection comes back online, the Ooma logo becomes solid blue but all other lights remain off. Reset back to dark mode will hold untill the next change in status. Yes I believe an update can also trigger this event.

In any event I much prefer just the Ooma logo, as I dont need all the other buttons.

If you are unable to reset to dark mode, etc, have you tried a reboot. I take it everything else is well.
#48070 by southsound
Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:28 pm
Gaffer's tape is a nice non-reflective black tape that can cover a lot of things - including buttons that you don't want to see. Nice thing is that the better stuff does not leave any residue. You can buy it at a store that caters to theatrical productions or some of the better music stores (where pro musicians shop) also carry it.