Contacts

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
skellener

Contacts

Post by skellener » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Digging this new feature so far!! ;)

frenchcamp49er

Re: Contacts

Post by frenchcamp49er » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:00 pm

I also like this feature very much, I have about 15 contacts so far.
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:17 pm

maybe someone can explain this to me. I think that as implemented it is terrible. The only way I have found to add contacts is manually. Yes you can click on the number to add it to contacts, but when you do so it doesn't even import caller id info.

Everything has to be done manually. And, at least so far, good luck having it appear on your handsets. Note the multiple. I've seen better.

Can someone tell me if this is just pilot error? I'd be okay with that and a treatise on proper usage.

TIA

BuckPhx

Post by BuckPhx » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:29 pm

I totally dislike the way Contacts are working and can't believe the contacts are not "smarter" - "easy to add" and "add to phone once you enter them on the web site". How can a simple $40 cordless phone come with this feature but a "tech" phone like ooma not.

Personally I'm on the verge of taking the whole system back. This is a "must" for someone like me who works from home 3 days a week and needs things seemless.

I've asked customer service but no one seems to know when this will be happening - just the response "we are working on it."

If someone from Ooma Corp is reading this I have a suggestion - can a marketing person, sales dept send out those update emails to users letting us know what they are working on and a time line of starting them? Keeps us looking forward to more, gets us excited and we tend to talk about the new things to friends which may lead to more customers. From what I am seeing the buyers of the system so far are "tech" driven people and we love features and toys.

Thanks - from Phoenix!

TechExplorer

Post by TechExplorer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:13 am

How can the Contact List be accessed from the telo handset ? when I hit the button no contacts present.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:39 am

TechExplorer wrote:How can the Contact List be accessed from the telo handset ? when I hit the button no contacts present.
You can't yet.

timerick

Post by timerick » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:21 pm

So, the documentation that comes with the phone is false? And the advertising information on amazon.com, etc., is also false?

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:30 pm

timerick wrote:So, the documentation that comes with the phone is false? And the advertising information on amazon.com, etc., is also false?
No, contacts is in beta. That means deployment is under testing and is not complete.

KenAF

Post by KenAF » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:56 pm

I mentioned this in a previous thread, but please allow users to define a separate voicemail greeting for each Contacts "group." You might have one greeting for family members, another for friends, and another for co-workers.

It would also be great if we could set different ringtones (or at least, ring types) for each group in contacts.