Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#38360 by skellener
Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:09 pm
Digging this new feature so far!! ;)
#38371 by frenchcamp49er
Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:00 pm
I also like this feature very much, I have about 15 contacts so far.
#38380 by oldanbo
Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:17 pm
maybe someone can explain this to me. I think that as implemented it is terrible. The only way I have found to add contacts is manually. Yes you can click on the number to add it to contacts, but when you do so it doesn't even import caller id info.

Everything has to be done manually. And, at least so far, good luck having it appear on your handsets. Note the multiple. I've seen better.

Can someone tell me if this is just pilot error? I'd be okay with that and a treatise on proper usage.

TIA
#40373 by BuckPhx
Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:29 pm
I totally dislike the way Contacts are working and can't believe the contacts are not "smarter" - "easy to add" and "add to phone once you enter them on the web site". How can a simple $40 cordless phone come with this feature but a "tech" phone like ooma not.

Personally I'm on the verge of taking the whole system back. This is a "must" for someone like me who works from home 3 days a week and needs things seemless.

I've asked customer service but no one seems to know when this will be happening - just the response "we are working on it."

If someone from Ooma Corp is reading this I have a suggestion - can a marketing person, sales dept send out those update emails to users letting us know what they are working on and a time line of starting them? Keeps us looking forward to more, gets us excited and we tend to talk about the new things to friends which may lead to more customers. From what I am seeing the buyers of the system so far are "tech" driven people and we love features and toys.

Thanks - from Phoenix!
#40609 by TechExplorer
Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:13 am
How can the Contact List be accessed from the telo handset ? when I hit the button no contacts present.
#40618 by bw1
Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:39 am
TechExplorer wrote:How can the Contact List be accessed from the telo handset ? when I hit the button no contacts present.

You can't yet.
#40761 by timerick
Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:21 pm
So, the documentation that comes with the phone is false? And the advertising information on amazon.com, etc., is also false?
#40793 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:30 pm
timerick wrote:So, the documentation that comes with the phone is false? And the advertising information on amazon.com, etc., is also false?

No, contacts is in beta. That means deployment is under testing and is not complete.
#40801 by KenAF
Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:56 pm
I mentioned this in a previous thread, but please allow users to define a separate voicemail greeting for each Contacts "group." You might have one greeting for family members, another for friends, and another for co-workers.

It would also be great if we could set different ringtones (or at least, ring types) for each group in contacts.