Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#39969 by hadooj
Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:37 pm
newbie here
I have activated my platform and would now like to upload my existing contact list to the ooma server and have all of my contacts downloaded to the ooma handset. with the current contacts beta option, it only gives you the ability to add one user at a time..I have alot of contacts and hope that you offer the ability for bulk upload via a common .csv file or sync it directly from my google account.
can someone please provide me with the necessary information and understanding of why something that should be so simple, doesn't seem to have any information or direction on throughout the entire document guides....thanks
#39994 by Groundhound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:31 am
hadooj wrote:newbie here
I have activated my platform and would now like to upload my existing contact list to the ooma server and have all of my contacts downloaded to the ooma handset. with the current contacts beta option, it only gives you the ability to add one user at a time..I have alot of contacts and hope that you offer the ability for bulk upload via a common .csv file or sync it directly from my google account.
can someone please provide me with the necessary information and understanding of why something that should be so simple, doesn't seem to have any information or direction on throughout the entire document guides....thanks

Contacts is in Beta. Documentation and the upload/download features have not yet been added.
#40009 by bw1
Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:15 am
I would recommend not adding a lot of contacts to your handset until handset sync is added. If you have to reset your handset, your contact list is cleared out.
#40429 by bw1
Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:18 am
Now that the firmware for multi-handset support has been released, I suspect they'll be working adding features to the handsets including better contact support. But they haven't announced any priorities.

Here is info from the blog (https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/09/):

Our “top ten” list of the many new Ooma Premier features and hardware that will be released over the next few months include:

1. The Ooma Telo – Ooma’s second generation product featuring DECT 6.0 connectivity (released today!)
2. The Ooma Telo Handset – DECT 6.0 handset with digital connectivity and unsurpassed audio quality (releasing in early November)
3. The Ooma Telo Bluetooth Sync – Bluetooth connection for address book synchronization and cell phone calls through the Ooma Telo
4. Ooma Google Voice Extensions – Extended Google Voice to your home phone too
5. Unlimited International Calling Plans – Call international destinations all you want for as low as $9.99/mo
6. iPhone and BlackBerry Clients – Offload your cell phone minutes and enjoy Ooma’s low international rates when calling from a Wi-Fi connected smartphone
7. HD Voice – Experience the future of telephony now with double the audio resolution of conventional telephones
8. MP3 Ringtones – Musical ringtones are not just for your cell phone anymore
9. SIP Registration – Use business desk phones built around the SIP standard with your Ooma service
10. Click-to-Call – Click a number in your contact list, cell phone or call log to have the call dialed and connected automatically
#40702 by arvinderj
Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:27 pm
bw1 wrote:Now that the firmware for multi-handset support has been released, I suspect they'll be working adding features to the handsets including better contact support. But they haven't announced any priorities.

Here is info from the blog (https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/09/):

Our “top ten” list of the many new Ooma Premier features and hardware that will be released over the next few months include:

1. The Ooma Telo – Ooma’s second generation product featuring DECT 6.0 connectivity (released today!)
2. The Ooma Telo Handset – DECT 6.0 handset with digital connectivity and unsurpassed audio quality (releasing in early November)
3. The Ooma Telo Bluetooth Sync – Bluetooth connection for address book synchronization and cell phone calls through the Ooma Telo
4. Ooma Google Voice Extensions – Extended Google Voice to your home phone too
5. Unlimited International Calling Plans – Call international destinations all you want for as low as $9.99/mo
6. iPhone and BlackBerry Clients – Offload your cell phone minutes and enjoy Ooma’s low international rates when calling from a Wi-Fi connected smartphone
7. HD Voice – Experience the future of telephony now with double the audio resolution of conventional telephones
8. MP3 Ringtones – Musical ringtones are not just for your cell phone anymore
9. SIP Registration – Use business desk phones built around the SIP standard with your Ooma service
10. Click-to-Call – Click a number in your contact list, cell phone or call log to have the call dialed and connected automatically

Are these new features only for the Telo? What about the original Scout? Specifically the HD voice and iphone app.