Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#38056 by anonymouse
Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:01 am
Does it cost to get the 2nd number or does a recurring cost kick in after the 1st number for premier customers (I saw that the personal number feature says that you can have upto 9 personal numbers, but did not know if Premier members were allowed to carry 2 numbers without any fees?).

Many thanks ;)
#38060 by murphy
Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:32 am
The cost of Premier includes the second number.
Any additional numbers cost $4.99 each per month.
#38210 by raincity
Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:13 pm
I just resubscribed to Premier and when I try to add a personal number it shows up as a $4.99 add on, even though I currently don't have a second number. Is this normal? If I selected it and add it to the card will I get charged for it even though I get a 2nd number for free with Premier?
#38490 by Bobby B
Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:38 pm
Try navigating to Preferences->Phone Numbers and then click on the "Add a Number" link to add another number to your account.
#38749 by DanHonemann
Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:16 am
I have tried a couple of times to add a personal number in preferences... each time, it asks me to search for a number using the area code and dialing prefix I supply, and then when I click on an available number from the listing that comes in a pop-up window, nothing happens. "Loading" flashes for a moment and then... nothing. There is no button or link supplied in the pop-up window to continue; I have to hit the "x" in the upper right to close the window. The chosen number does not appear... nothing else happens. I did notice, however, that both times the number I chose was now not available in the listing of available numbers that pops up in search.

I tried this using both Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers with all permissions enabled.

Is this feature not currently available to new customers on the Premier free trial? Or is there a bug in the system? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dan
#38753 by jmassimilla
Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:42 am
It sounds like a bug. I had previously added a second number with no problem. If the numbers have disappeared from the list, it sounds like they were assigned. Have you tried calling either of them from another phone, like a cell phone or a landline?
#38774 by DanHonemann
Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:41 pm
I just tried calling both of the numbers I tried to assign as second personal numbers (from my land line)... both resulted in quick busy signals. So it seems the website is able to search the available numbers and reserve a number for use but the procedure ends there: it never gets assigned to my account.

Does anyone from Ooma support watch this forum, or should I write up a support email to them separately?
#38781 by Groundhound
Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:55 pm
DanHonemann wrote:I just tried calling both of the numbers I tried to assign as second personal numbers (from my land line)... both resulted in quick busy signals. So it seems the website is able to search the available numbers and reserve a number for use but the procedure ends there: it never gets assigned to my account.

Does anyone from Ooma support watch this forum, or should I write up a support email to them separately?

I'd call them and ask them to set up the number you want.
#38861 by IHende2001
Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:51 pm
DanHonemann wrote:I just tried calling both of the numbers I tried to assign as second personal numbers (from my land line)... both resulted in quick busy signals. So it seems the website is able to search the available numbers and reserve a number for use but the procedure ends there: it never gets assigned to my account.

I just wanted to let you know, that I have the same exact issue. Got Premier (6 month trial). I tried to add free second number under Preferences-add number and after search the list appears. I select a number and nothing happens.When I try to do another search the number I had selected has disappeared from the list. I tried this from different computers (work & home) with the same result. This is either an ooma script bug, an account set-up issue on ooma's end or a Vista security issue. Could be all three.
I e-mailed support. Let's see what they say. And yes, it seems they do monitor the forum now and then.
#38909 by shedberg
Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:43 am
I had this same issue and called support to have the second number added. First CSR told me that I could not add another number. I posted in another section and basically called back and got another CSR who added a number no problem. I'm now just waiting for it to show up in my ooma. Bottom line - call support.