Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#37745 by hpsan
Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:39 pm
I took delivery of a Ooma Telo one week ago, after anxiously waiting almost a year for its release. Now, just 7 days later, I am totally disappointed in both the product and the company.

The performance of Telo and its web based support has been nothing short of a nightmare, only to be exceeded by the lack of effective customer support. Some of the Telo features work some of the time, but none of the Telo features work all of the time. Blacklists disappear without explanation. Menu functions come and go overnight. Some things only work with Firefox. Some things only with with IE-8. Nothing works with Chrome. Emails go unanswered. Supervisors are never available. Calls are never returned.

This is a bad formula for maintaining customer loyalty, and does much to detract from long term corporate survival.
#37750 by rwh1955
Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:18 pm
Here's my experience....for what it's worth to you. I ordered the Ooma Telo from Amazon. It arrived early. I opened the package, hooked the telo to my router, plugged in the system, booted everything up, pluged my cordless phone base station to the telo and started making calls. I ported my phone number. It took about 10 days to do that. I now have FREE phone service and my call quality is the same as it was before. I purposely did not tell anybody in my family about the switch to Ooma and nobody has noticed a change in my phone call sound quality. I didn't tell them I switched because I wanted to see if they noticed any change in quality. Obviously they haven't because nobody has said a word. I'm happy.
#37751 by hpsan
Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:50 pm
rwh1955 wrote:Here's my experience....for what it's worth to you. I ordered the Ooma Telo from Amazon. It arrived early. I opened the package, hooked the telo to my router, plugged in the system, booted everything up, pluged my cordless phone base station to the telo and started making calls. I ported my phone number. It took about 10 days to do that. I now have FREE phone service and my call quality is the same as it was before. I purposely did not tell anybody in my family about the switch to Ooma and nobody has noticed a change in my phone call sound quality. I didn't tell them I switched because I wanted to see if they noticed any change in quality. Obviously they haven't because nobody has said a word. I'm happy.


It's good that everything worked out for you, and that you are happy with your purchase. Unfortunately, my experience has been the exact opposite. I read that Telo has been recently selling units that have a firmware revision. Perhaps that has some bearing on our very opposite experiences with the product.
#37752 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:05 pm
hpsan wrote:I read that Telo has been recently selling units that have a firmware revision. Perhaps that has some bearing on our very opposite experiences with the product.

Firmware revisions are pushed automatically to the Telo. None of them are able to work out of the box without successfully completing the initial firmware update, which typically takes 20-60 min. on a highspeed connection, assuming the Telo is setup correctly and there are no customer equipment or ISP issues preventing the Telo from communicating with Ooma's servers.
#37785 by bw1
Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:37 am
hpsan wrote:I took delivery of a Ooma Telo one week ago, after anxiously waiting almost a year for its release. Now, just 7 days later, I am totally disappointed in both the product and the company.

The performance of Telo and its web based support has been nothing short of a nightmare, only to be exceeded by the lack of effective customer support. Some of the Telo features work some of the time, but none of the Telo features work all of the time. Blacklists disappear without explanation. Menu functions come and go overnight. Some things only work with Firefox. Some things only with with IE-8. Nothing works with Chrome. Emails go unanswered. Supervisors are never available. Calls are never returned.

This is a bad formula for maintaining customer loyalty, and does much to detract from long term corporate survival.


I only use Firefox and haven't had hardly any issues with the My Ooma site. I think I couldn't delete a blacklist entry at one point and they fixed it.

Since you have Firefox, why do you need to use IE 8 or Chrome? Don't get me wrong, I think they need to also test and make sure things work in IE at least, since that's one of the most popular browsers.

The only problem you've posted about is that your blacklists disappeared. I haven't had that problem either and someone else confirmed that they saw the issue as well. Perhaps they are having a problem with the database and your posting about it will hopefully bring it to their attention and they'll fix it. I know they monitor these boards and are working on fixing issues.

But you've had the Telo for a week and already called support 3 times plus sent emails!! I've had my Ooma for months and I've only called once in my first few weeks to inquire about porting. All my issues I've been able to resolve by reading and posting here and/or waiting until they're fixed.

You say you have performance issues with the Telo, perhaps you could try posting specifics in a new thread and someone here could help.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests