Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#37646 by cruzitude
Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:25 am
The street I live on does not have a suffix (e.g. Blvd, Rd, Ave, St, etc.) but when I registered my Ooma online the website would not take "blank" for an answer. As I understand it, the address I submit is for 911 purposes so it would be important for this to be accurate. I had to choose one of the suffixes, so now Ooma thinks I live on Calle Sueno AVE, which does not exist :x
#37684 by Leeway
Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:43 pm
Unfortunately, you are not alone. I have asked for months to just open up the address fields so that we can correctly enter what needs to be there. Emergency address' seem to have different requirements across the nation and those fields need to be more flexible. I have the same problem that you do and I actually called 911 to ask if they could find me.

On a better note, at one time I did get an email to say they are aware of it and are going to change it.
#37741 by Mike-o-Matic
Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:19 pm
Yeah, kind of a weird situation, isn't it? My street address is similar to "1234 County Highway XYZ" so I elected to choose "Highway." Hence my E911 information shows up as "1234 County Highway XYZ Highway."

Odd, but I'm confident the emergency authorities can figure it out. YMMV, of course!
#37764 by The Picard
Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:26 pm
Ooma's limited address fields really had a hard time with my address as well. Addresses in my city as well as neighboring communities are formatted as such:

W123 N12345 Main St.
Anytown, WI 12345

When I tried to activate my Telo I had to immediately call customer service because the website wouldn't accept my address as given. I ended up having to enter the street number as "W123" and the street name as "N12345 Main St." I didn't use the prefix designation because, for some strange reason, Ooma adds the PREFIX AFTER the street number. Ummm, Ooma, a PREFIX comes BEFORE something and not after.
#39224 by nebebo
Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:32 pm
Hey,
Here in Utah we have the same problem. I called the tech support and told them I needed to have it removed and they removed it but if i want to change the address i have a problem and have to call back in. WHY cant OOMA just remove this line or make it optional? Would it be OOMA's fault if one of us had to call 911 for an emergancy and could not phyaclly give are address for medical reasons or something and the emrgancy crew is driving all around town looking for an address that does not exist? Does OOMA not think about things like this?