Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#37565 by drdisney
Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 pm
Just like everyone else, Ooma sent me the email asking me to lock in my $99 premier rate for the next three years. Now I love my Ooma and can't think of what I would do without it, but don't know if I want to drop down $300 for the next three years just to save $60. My Major concern is that if Ooma burns though all of their cash and hand to go belly up in the middle leaving me out of luck with my cash. Anyone else fell the same ? What are your thoughts about locking in the premier rate ?
#37579 by fastlane01
Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:45 am
I just took a chance and got Lifetime for 350.

1. If they last only one more year I am about even vs. my old provider.
2. Now I hoefully won't need to worry about this price change stuff again.
3. Being on the Today Show and Dr. Phil HAS to have helped cash flow - maybe enough to get them through that year.
4. If they get beyond the year then I look smarter and smarter.
5. If they fail, well, we all make misstakes sometimes :)

Overall, this has smoked Vonage and T-Mobile@home from a performance and long term price perspective, both of which I tried. The 2 line feature has been outstanding - no more 'please tell me when you're off' stuff.

Finally, with the buzz they got last year at CES and knowing they have business announcements and new features to bring out this year it can only be upside from there. And if not, see 5 above.

These guys seem to at least WANT to make good on their promises, and except for multiple handsets pretty much have so far.
#37584 by murphy
Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:34 am
drdisney wrote:Just like everyone else, Ooma sent me the email asking me to lock in my $99 premier rate for the next three years. Now I love my Ooma and can't think of what I would do without it, but don't know if I want to drop down $300 for the next three years just to save $60. My Major concern is that if Ooma burns though all of their cash and hand to go belly up in the middle leaving me out of luck with my cash. Anyone else fell the same ? What are your thoughts about locking in the premier rate ?

Lifetime Premier is a much better deal than buying 3 years of Annual Premier. For one it extends your warranty to 3 years.
My break even point compared to what I would have paid to Vonage is 15 months. I'm already 11 months into that 15 months.