Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#37362 by Kneehi
Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:12 pm
It would be great to be able to select a certain time of the day (during dinner or after 9:00pm) to have all calls go to VM other than a select few such as my children. I really don't want to be bothered with a phone call during dinner with my wife and family. Nor do I want to be woken up by that crazy family member that thinks it is ok to call because they are awake.
#37363 by murphy
Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:19 pm
Push the envelope button until it turns red.
#37706 by Shutterstuff
Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm
Kneehi wrote:I would like it to be web based and conditional based on time and persons number calling.

I would love this one! My sister likes to call with stupid computer questions late at night, but I want my father in law to be able to get us in an emergency (he is frail and lives 3 blocks away).
#37714 by southsound
Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:54 pm
Kneehi wrote:It would be great to be able to select a certain time of the day (during dinner or after 9:00pm) to have all calls go to VM other than a select few such as my children. I really don't want to be bothered with a phone call during dinner with my wife and family. Nor do I want to be woken up by that crazy family member that thinks it is ok to call because they are awake.

I don't know if you have ever tried Google Voice as a front end for your ooma, but I use it as my main number and it has that feature already. You can set certain persons up in groups and then have that group receive special handling. You can also set it up so at certain times special groups go right to voice mail. Also, in the case of your father in law, you can set it up so calls from his number ring your home and cell phone. That way he would always be able to get you in an emergency. It took about a month for people to get used to the new number, but I highly recommend it as a front end to ooma and in our case, our cell phone too. It is free, has great features including call presentation and transcription of voicemail, and will probably fill your need.