Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#37331 by MikeekiM
Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:36 am
I haven't seen a thread to thank the good people of Ooma for delivering yet another value added feature...

I did not see an announcement or any kind of notification... I simply logged in this morning, and noticed the feature sitting there... Very, very nice... This is exactly what I wanted to make my call logs more useful and informative...

Not sure what else it does...will this new contact be passed through and override callerid (both on the Ooma line itself, as well as with my cell phone in multi-ring mode)?

I wonder if there can be a distribution list set up for beta and new feature updates... I would subscribe... If I didn't log in today, I would have never known...

Good job Ooma!
#37350 by bw1
Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:05 am
MikeekiM wrote:Not sure what else it does...will this new contact be passed through and override callerid (both on the Ooma line itself, as well as with my cell phone in multi-ring mode)?

It doesn't override caller-id for calls through Ooma yet, but I would think that they'll be adding that, especially since the new Ooma Basic plan doesn't include caller-id name (CNAM).

As far as your cell phone though, I don't think that's possible since cell phone carriers don't typically have CNAM. But your cell phone should have it's own contact list that it uses. Hopefully, they will add the ability to import and export contacts so that you can synchronize them with your cell phone or other lists.