Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#2097 by ideallife2day
Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:58 pm
While attempting to make a call today in my local area code 410, my phone buttons can be at times temperamental to push and I accidentally hit the 1 twice which resulted in me dialing 411. I quickly hung up and the call log registered the call for 2 seconds. I read in the faq that 411 calls will be charged .99 each which I hope since I didn't actually talk to anyone and hung up right away that I won't be charged the fee for this error.

More importantly, it would be nice to be able to disable certain numbers or block outgoing numbers that we assign like 411 for me since I never use it and would rather not be charged for this service erroneously or otherwise. I'm not sure how it would work with a service type of number like that or even needed by the average person but I just thought I'd throw it out there. Sort of like how ooma automatically blocks 900 or 976 number dialing. Or even with how we can blacklist incoming, how about being able to blacklist outgoing....say your teenage daughter's boyfriend who you don't like's number for example haha.

Do they charge only if they help you or is it as soon as it goes through regardless of whether you request assistance or not?

Jean
#11837 by niknak
Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:15 pm
[quote]...Do they charge only if they help you or is it as soon as it goes through regardless of whether you request assistance or not?...
[/quote]

In general (and I do not know ooma's policy for sure) you are only charged once the call is connected. Sometimes there is a 10 second or so time lag between call connection and the start of billing.

Once again, I don't know ooma's policy, just thinking generally here