Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#37006 by anilbhalani
Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:42 pm
Ooma should extend the international bundle or even a country by country subscription to regular service. It is loss of potential business.
#37182 by googlevoice
Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 am
I totally agree. I think Ooma should give unlimited service to Pakistan and India. It is ridiculous that Ooma is charging 24 cents to make a call to Pakistan. Currently I am using Rebtel.com and talk for hours to my parents and siblings in Pakistan and love the service. And Rebtel is free for Pakistan as Pakistan is one of the 52 Rebtel countries where you can make smart calls for free, no limits, yes unlimited calls without counting your minutes. It is time for Ooma to be competitive for international calls as they did their fantastic job for domestic calls.
#37261 by tommies
Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:59 pm
Uh, I think the International bundle is limited to 500min/month to 70 countries, not unlimited. However, I think ooma need to make it more flexible to encourage more customers to sign up.

Personally, I see the 70 countries list as a marketing ploy. Most people, I believe, will only regularly call to a several countries. I like to see the bundle offer the customers option to call to up to a choice of 3-5 countries, instead of fix 70 countries which no one will ever need them all.
#37352 by bw1
Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:18 am
If you compare the list of countries to the list that Vonage offers, it's pretty clear that they're trying to offer something similar to be competitive with Vonage's world plan. Also, one of the most expensive countries on the list is Bangledesh at almost 17 cents per minute. Which compares to almost 22 and 25 cents per minute for Vietnam and Pakistan. So, they obviously can't afford to include those calls at less than 1 cent per minute (500 minutes @ $4.99).

Also, I see that they lowered the rate to India to 8.5 cents per minute, where it was up to 17 1/2 cents per minute.