Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#39199 by mhouge
Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:28 pm
Regarding the "complaining comment"....Right because being a cheerleader, stroking ooma's ego and generally appeasing and appologizing for (as unpaid spokesmen) has worked so well. A number of ooma posters fall in this category.

It's a phone company that's let many release dates slip, it's not a coddled misunderstood kid. ~Sheesh~ :?
#39202 by southsound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:36 pm
mhouge wrote:Regarding the "complaining comment"....Right because being a cheerleader, stroking ooma's ego and generally appeasing and appologizing for (as unpaid spokesmen) has worked so well. A number of ooma posters fall in this category.

It's a phone company that's let many release dates slip, it's not a coddled misunderstood kid. ~Sheesh~ :?

I hope that your response was not directed to me as I have been more than upfront with my satisfaction - and my initial dissatisfaction. Most of the heavy posters on the forum are like myself. We realize that ooma is, in telephone terms, a rather new "startup." As such, they will have growing pains. But when I post I don't apologize for ooma - I try to solve the problem or give advice like I did to wtnixon - which if you will read it carefully, suggests he take the unit back for a refund because it is clearly defective. I also suggested that in his case, it would be prudent to wait until the product had matured a little more. So from this cheerleader, I'm just a little confused. Should I hate ooma because I had problems in the beginning? Or try to help others either make their system work or (if appropriate) suggest returning it and going back to their hub?
#39219 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:22 pm
Come-on southsound, you know you're not supposed to make any positive comment about Ooma while anyone is having a problem! Cheer-leading skirts on raccoons just seem so.....wrong. :D
#39222 by mhouge
Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:30 pm
Negative southsound, not at you. It just so happened we posted at the same time. I'm not at all being critical of helpful people (like yourself), thank you very much (and yes, you too Groundhound)! :)

I just see a number of posters getting "upset" because others expect to get a product that works. I'm as hopeful as everyone else, but I can also empathize with customers when the handsets work poorly; they have every right to complain. In fact, I'm surprised things remain civil on this board given the position ooma has put everyone in - essentially promising fixes and dragging us along until our return periods pass and we're stuck with empty promises.

Also, regarding a post above, I guess I'd rather see weekly/bi-monthly updates getting pushed to our phones with small incremental fixes...this as worked wonders to restore confidence with Microsoft windows (instead of releasing huge service packs once a year).

Edit: My "complaint" post now doesn't make contextual sense, as an edit to a different previous post was made. Go Ooma!!! :D
#39463 by wtnixon
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:05 am
Don't get me wrong, I've loved my ooma service for several years now. I've upgraded from my old core to Telo.45have been patiently waiting for the promised upgrade, but its getting very frustrating seeing the update being pushed back. The latest post says a planned update by the end of December. According to the calendar, it's the end December. I fully understand these are "target dates." However, I've been given several target dates" since purchasing these handsets. I can't believe multiple handsets haven't been supported by Christmas. I really hope this doesn't have a negative financial impact on the company because I really believe in this product. I simply want the product to work and not be stuck with $150 of plastic.
#39484 by keckmowry
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:52 am
Come on folks. Ooma was showing off the Telo at last years CES. They have had plenty of time to work out the bugs, at least to the point that the handsets will work. I have the Telo and 3 hubs and love Ooma. But this inability to deliver on the basic functions is very concerning. I want to "evangelize" Ooma among my friends, but currently I cannot. There is a real need for Ooma to communicate and share more completely with their customers.

Happy (Multiple Handsets) New Years
#39487 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:58 am
From Rich Buchanan's Twitter post yesterday:
Beta testing slowed too much to catch all test vectors because of the holidays. Releasing on Monday to the public.
#39491 by XMEOME
Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:02 am
Good for his Twitter post if thats what he is refering too how about a formal responce to us here on the corporate website or update on client portals. Poor communication all around.......................
#39616 by bw1
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:56 pm
The best communication would be transparent - a firmware revision update pushed to your Telo that enables multiple handsets and fixes all the issues.
#39668 by amoney
Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:30 am
Sacraficing simultaneous 2nd line use, I dutched the Telo handsets (4 of them mind you), when I found out the fiasco.

I just used a Panasonic wirelss handsets that in all other aspect blows the Telo handset away.

My .02