Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#36435 by fastlane01
Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm
And create a device that can accept the Zwave stick, do VoIP, be an Internet firewall, connect to my Schlage lock and tell me when my cleaning lady arrives and leaves and then integrate it all with Google Voice to text me when needed - the Vera device and Telo seem like similar enough units and you could even more easily justify the expense of a device with all those features. And it would truly be a unique play - GREAT for vacation homes!

And I would have one less device to deal with.
#36449 by oldanbo
Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:28 pm
Earth to fastlane...darn it dude, multiple telo handsets aren't in the wild yet. Get a grip!
;)
#36457 by southsound
Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:32 pm
fastlane01 wrote:And create a device that can accept the Zwave stick, do VoIP, be an Internet firewall, connect to my Schlage lock and tell me when my cleaning lady arrives and leaves and then integrate it all with Google Voice to text me when needed - the Vera device and Telo seem like similar enough units and you could even more easily justify the expense of a device with all those features. And it would truly be a unique play - GREAT for vacation homes!

And I would have one less device to deal with.

I'd settle for a CoIP/WBVBIC device that could deliver my coffee over the Internet with a side of walnut brownies with vanilla bean ice cream. Technology is moving so fast now. When Dan and I first started doing programming we did it all with 0's. No 1's. Now all you young pups have 0's and 1's and still have trouble moving the mountains we did. I remember when you used to hard wire a program matrix. We were blessed just to move to punch cards. My autodial phone used plastic cards and pulse dialing. Toridal memory was the state of the art! If it didn't fit on an 8" floppy or an ST-506 you didn't need it.

So bring on the future! I want an iPod Touch that brings me breakfast. An ooma that transports me through time. Maybe a flat panel that parts like the corn did for James Earl Jones in Field of Dreams! :P
#36461 by fastlane01
Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:44 am
Do little kids dream of playing baseball in Toledo? No, it's Yankee Stadium.

Did President Kennedy say we just wanted to make a rocket get to orbit? No, it was the MOON

If you don't dream big you'll just end up halfway to what you really want. :D

But, I would like the handsets to work... hehe