Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1987 by remoshah
Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 am
Is there currently active ooma referral program.
My friends want to buy ooma device and I want to know if I can take advantage of ooma referral program.

Thanks.
#2036 by Bobby B
Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:10 pm
We had a referral program last year, but its since been discontinued. We're hoping to relaunch another one sometime in the next 2-3 months.
#3259 by oomg
Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:25 am
Bobby B wrote:We had a referral program last year, but its since been discontinued. We're hoping to relaunch another one sometime in the next 2-3 months.

As far as a future referral program is concerned, I would suggest something along the following lines: Extend the referring party's Premier service for a specified period of time for each confirmed referral to a new owner/subscriber who signs onto the Premier service. I would recommend a three month extension of the Premier service (approximately a $25 value) for each referral where the new sub signs up for one year, with a one month extension of service for those who sign up on a monthy, pay as you go plan. As an alternative, give the referring party the option of selecting between extending his Premier service or a credit on an extra line for some specified period. I have seen similar referral programs work well with other services (e.g. efax).

oomg
Last edited by oomg on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#3347 by DreLV
Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:21 pm
I second the vote, for a referral program for new ooma users. I'm telling alot of people about ooma that normally would not buy. I like the idea of providing extended premier service credits.

Dre
#3520 by toyotaisme
Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:47 pm
I'm new to ooma and already referred 2 of my friends. How you could you beat a free phone? I don’t need a referral program to refer friends to a great deal.
#3521 by oomg
Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:28 pm
toyotaisme wrote:I'm new to ooma and already referred 2 of my friends. How you could you beat a free phone? I don’t need a referral program to refer friends to a great deal.

That is why my suggestion relates to a bonus when a referral opts into the Premier service... it adds income to ooma that might not otherwise be available and which helps sustain the service.

oomg