Ooma Referral Program

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
remoshah

Ooma Referral Program

Post by remoshah » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 am

Is there currently active ooma referral program.
My friends want to buy ooma device and I want to know if I can take advantage of ooma referral program.

Thanks.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Ooma Referral Program

Post by Bobby B » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:10 pm

We had a referral program last year, but its since been discontinued. We're hoping to relaunch another one sometime in the next 2-3 months.
Bobby B

oomg

Post by oomg » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:25 am

Bobby B wrote:We had a referral program last year, but its since been discontinued. We're hoping to relaunch another one sometime in the next 2-3 months.
As far as a future referral program is concerned, I would suggest something along the following lines: Extend the referring party's Premier service for a specified period of time for each confirmed referral to a new owner/subscriber who signs onto the Premier service. I would recommend a three month extension of the Premier service (approximately a $25 value) for each referral where the new sub signs up for one year, with a one month extension of service for those who sign up on a monthy, pay as you go plan. As an alternative, give the referring party the option of selecting between extending his Premier service or a credit on an extra line for some specified period. I have seen similar referral programs work well with other services (e.g. efax).

oomg
Last edited by oomg on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

DreLV

Post by DreLV » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:21 pm

I second the vote, for a referral program for new ooma users. I'm telling alot of people about ooma that normally would not buy. I like the idea of providing extended premier service credits.

Dre

toyotaisme

Post by toyotaisme » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:47 pm

I'm new to ooma and already referred 2 of my friends. How you could you beat a free phone? I don’t need a referral program to refer friends to a great deal.

oomg

Post by oomg » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:28 pm

toyotaisme wrote:I'm new to ooma and already referred 2 of my friends. How you could you beat a free phone? I don’t need a referral program to refer friends to a great deal.
That is why my suggestion relates to a bonus when a referral opts into the Premier service... it adds income to ooma that might not otherwise be available and which helps sustain the service.

oomg
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.