Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#36297 by Sylvia Hayes
Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:15 pm
Do you have to have a Telo Handset to use the instant second line that is part of the Premier package? What about the new cordless DECT 6.0 handsets? Will they work with it? I think we have a problem with the cordless set we have a pretty old Uniden 3 handset phone system. If I thought the DECT 6.0 would work with instant second line I would get it.
#36301 by southsound
Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:01 pm
There is no wired second line available on the Telo so if you want to make use of two simultaneous conversations - either with the instant second line or with a separate number, you MUST use a proprietary Telo handset. You can use virtually any cordless or corded phone on the phone output of the Telo - but even if you have a base with multiple handsets, you can still have only one conversation using the wired port.
#36302 by Groundhound
Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:04 pm
Sylvia Hayes wrote:Do you have to have a Telo Handset to use the instant second line that is part of the Premier package?

Yes, that's the only way to access it with the Telo. Just one is needed, so if the first call is made or answered on the Telo Handset then the other non-Telo handsets can utilize the second line. Likewise if the first call is made/answered on the non-Telo handsets then the second call can be made/answered on the Telo Handset.
#36308 by oldanbo
Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:33 pm
Seems to me that I can access the second line from my non-telo vtech handset by pressing the talk button twice.

I'm going to have to retest that. Interesting how as one ages he starts to doubt his memory more often. No, I'm not senile!
:)

If you have a setup like that, try it.

Cheers
#36310 by murphy
Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:06 am
oldanbo wrote:Seems to me that I can access the second line from my non-telo vtech handset by pressing the talk button twice.

I'm going to have to retest that. Interesting how as one ages he starts to doubt his memory more often. No, I'm not senile!
:)

If you have a setup like that, try it.

Cheers

You can do that but you then will be unable to use the first line unless you have a Telo handset.
The two physical lines and two phone numbers are not related in any way.
Even with a personal number configured to a handset, if it's the first call made it will use physical line 1.
#36319 by 07pilot4me
Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:17 am
so if i have 2 numbers (an ooma and a ported number)

AND a Telo with no telo handset:

both numbers can ring on the Telo???
BUT you cannot use 2 lines at once??
#36321 by murphy
Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:21 am
07pilot4me wrote:so if i have 2 numbers (an ooma and a ported number)

AND a Telo with no telo handset:

both numbers can ring on the Telo???
BUT you cannot use 2 lines at once??

Correct for both questions.