Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1967 by gathered_stones
Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:46 pm
We need a way to forward a number in the event that the Ooma hub is not accessible, because of WAN failure. Is there such a function? If so I have not located it in the lounge as of yet.

G_Stones
#2110 by wmd
Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:26 pm
I agree. This is one thing that Vonage does right that makes Ooma less attractive than Vonage. If the Ooma servers can't see my Ooma hub, then all calls should go to a number I specify in the Ooma Lounge in a preference.
#2120 by rkay1
Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:26 pm
wmd wrote:I agree. This is one thing that Vonage does right that makes Ooma less attractive than Vonage. If the Ooma servers can't see my Ooma hub, then all calls should go to a number I specify in the Ooma Lounge in a preference.

Ooma has multi-Ring. Configure your ooma system to call forward to or simultaneously ring a mobile or other phone number. If the Hub is unpluged or off the call will ring on the forwarded number. (preferences then go to Calling.)
#2122 by scots
Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:06 am
rkay1 wrote:
wmd wrote:I agree. This is one thing that Vonage does right that makes Ooma less attractive than Vonage. If the Ooma servers can't see my Ooma hub, then all calls should go to a number I specify in the Ooma Lounge in a preference.

Ooma has multi-Ring. Configure your ooma system to call forward to or simultaneously ring a mobile or other phone number. If the Hub is unpluged or off the call will ring on the forwarded number. (preferences then go to Calling.)

But then this calls the other number even when everything is working fine. Some of us would like the other number to ring only when ooma is out of service (due to power out, internet out, etc). Most all VoIP providers offer this option.
#2154 by Bobby B
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:58 am
This feature is definitely on the development radar - it was actually a fairly highly requested feature in our last Premier survey.
#2311 by new2voip
Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:40 pm
rkay1 wrote:

This means you won't ever know if someone's calling your house or your cell...Also means every inbound call is going to set off every phone in the house, your pocket, etc.

Maybe Bobby can comment on this, but it seems as though all of these things are fixable and services can be added as they go. If they can take a lead from vonage as to the types of features people would really like to use, such as the softphone, forwarding, auto-hunt, etc. and just give everyone a realistic timetable as to when those can be implemented. Vonage is $229/yr and OOMA is about the same, once, and only once, forever....let's just hope they implement enough features to get enough customers and make the company last.
#2354 by Mojo
Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:28 pm
We just had a look at the latest development roadmap -- I think by the end of calendar Q2 is a reasonable target - hopefully it'll arrive a bit earlier.