Service unavailable number forwarding

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
gathered_stones

Service unavailable number forwarding

Post by gathered_stones » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:46 pm

We need a way to forward a number in the event that the Ooma hub is not accessible, because of WAN failure. Is there such a function? If so I have not located it in the lounge as of yet.

G_Stones

scoutconnor

Re: Service unavailable number forwarding

Post by scoutconnor » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:02 pm

this has been discussed before, no reply from ooma yet as to if it is in the plans, it is not currently available

wmd

Post by wmd » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:26 pm

I agree. This is one thing that Vonage does right that makes Ooma less attractive than Vonage. If the Ooma servers can't see my Ooma hub, then all calls should go to a number I specify in the Ooma Lounge in a preference.

rkay1

Post by rkay1 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:26 pm

wmd wrote:I agree. This is one thing that Vonage does right that makes Ooma less attractive than Vonage. If the Ooma servers can't see my Ooma hub, then all calls should go to a number I specify in the Ooma Lounge in a preference.

Ooma has multi-Ring. Configure your ooma system to call forward to or simultaneously ring a mobile or other phone number. If the Hub is unpluged or off the call will ring on the forwarded number. (preferences then go to Calling.)

scots

Post by scots » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:06 am

rkay1 wrote:
wmd wrote:I agree. This is one thing that Vonage does right that makes Ooma less attractive than Vonage. If the Ooma servers can't see my Ooma hub, then all calls should go to a number I specify in the Ooma Lounge in a preference.

Ooma has multi-Ring. Configure your ooma system to call forward to or simultaneously ring a mobile or other phone number. If the Hub is unpluged or off the call will ring on the forwarded number. (preferences then go to Calling.)
But then this calls the other number even when everything is working fine. Some of us would like the other number to ring only when ooma is out of service (due to power out, internet out, etc). Most all VoIP providers offer this option.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:58 am

This feature is definitely on the development radar - it was actually a fairly highly requested feature in our last Premier survey.
Bobby B

sunrisepostal

Post by sunrisepostal » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:38 am

Thanks For respond bobby.

This future is very helpful for us.

new2voip

Post by new2voip » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:40 pm

rkay1 wrote:

This means you won't ever know if someone's calling your house or your cell...Also means every inbound call is going to set off every phone in the house, your pocket, etc.

Maybe Bobby can comment on this, but it seems as though all of these things are fixable and services can be added as they go. If they can take a lead from vonage as to the types of features people would really like to use, such as the softphone, forwarding, auto-hunt, etc. and just give everyone a realistic timetable as to when those can be implemented. Vonage is $229/yr and OOMA is about the same, once, and only once, forever....let's just hope they implement enough features to get enough customers and make the company last.

gathered_stones

Post by gathered_stones » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:25 pm

What Quarter should we expect this feature? I'm hoping that is is by end of Q2, as I want to refer other customers, but they also want this feature.

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Post by Mojo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:28 pm

We just had a look at the latest development roadmap -- I think by the end of calendar Q2 is a reasonable target - hopefully it'll arrive a bit earlier.