Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#38700 by MadCityGuy
Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:16 pm
amoney wrote:Perhaps I am missing somehting but...

You can already "phone home" and check messages or email yourself the voice messages.

Problem is that you need to use your precious voice minutes whereas an Ooma app could send the message to your phone as data (VoIP).
#38704 by daet
Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:22 pm
MadCityGuy wrote:
amoney wrote:Perhaps I am missing somehting but...

You can already "phone home" and check messages or email yourself the voice messages.

Problem is that you need to use your precious voice minutes whereas an Ooma app could send the message to your phone as data (VoIP).

Get Premier; have your voicemail sent to your email as attachments.
#39196 by skellener
Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:19 pm
daet wrote:Get Premier; have your voicemail sent to your email as attachments.

Yup! Without ever needing a custom app! Just check your email from cellphone or computer and hear your message. Plus you'll be supporting Ooma! :D

Don't get me wrong, an iPhone app would be cool, but you can get this service now if you really want it. Right now it's still $99 for the year (comes to only $8.25 a month).
#39272 by daet
Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:39 pm
skellener wrote:
daet wrote:Get Premier; have your voicemail sent to your email as attachments.

Yup! Without ever needing a custom app! Just check your email from cellphone or computer and hear your message. Plus you'll be supporting Ooma!/quote]
And it will work with an iPhone, or any other "smart phone", like Blackberry and Android devices.
#39739 by sfdukester
Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:42 pm
An iPhone app to only allow you to listen to your messages, seems a bit lame or redundant - however you want to look at it.

I want the app to allow me to turn on/off forwarding features, etc. from my iPhone. Give me the full My ooma and I'd be very happy. Even willing to pay a few bucks for it.

I already have Premier and all of my messages are forwarded to an email account that goes to my iPhone, I also get a text. Got the message part covered, it's the ability to do other configuration type changes that I'd like to see put in place. WOW - maybe even allow me to upload my contacts in my iPhone to my ooma contacts (if they ever get that working correctly). :o
#39743 by Potts
Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:06 pm
I have Ooma Premier, and set it up for missed calls, forwarding to my email on my iPhone. I never missed a voice message other than a few minutes. Having an IPhone App. is silly.
#39757 by amoney
Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:32 pm
Well I just logged into MYOOMA via the iPhone and with the exception of directly listening to VM I can configure all the other tid bits.

If someone wants a pretty iPhone icon on their screen all they have to do is add favorite to home screen and viola. Theres your iPhone sudo app to satisfy you for the mean time.

;-)
#40032 by dms
Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:15 am
I forward messages to my email, and listen to them on my iPhone by clicking on the attachment. It's lightning fast and easy, quicker than calling home! An app would be nice, but I'm not complaining at this point. I LOVE being able to listen to messages on my iPhone through email attachments. And I love the quick notification I get with a text message letting me know I have voicemail, and from whom! I love OOMA and all the features they provide.