Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#35750 by bcarlson
Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:47 pm
I'm very happy with Ooma's functionality, but I think the Telo device itself feels a little cheap. I'd like to see:

1.) dimmable lighting (not just OFF/ON)
2.) buttons with a physical response (not just touch-sensitive)
3.) a tighter fit for the power cord on the back of the machine (currently, it's a shallow contact, and it's too easy to pull out accidentally)
4.) a little heft to the device, and maybe higher quality plastic

Thanks.

Brad
#35756 by Quicksprj
Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:12 pm
Brad, new software update should be here soon to allow dimming the lights. You may want to contact Dennis P about your power plug. If it is falling outeasily he may send you a new one that fits better. I was told they were trying to keep the metal components to a minimum to allow better reception/ transmission of the sect signal.
#37189 by tjkirk
Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:01 am
The first Telo I had had the loose plug issue. You should try to get a replacement Telo (not just power adaptor/plug), as I think the problem is that the card/jack assembly inside the Telo isn't fastened securely, so it shifts when you try to plug something into the back. I've since received a replacement Telo and the plugs fit snugly.