Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#35479 by jnc813
Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:15 am
Apologies if this has been suggested - I did not see it in search.

Almost all of the irritating robocalls are from areacodes out of state. I would like to see a graylist/whitelist option that would go like this:

• Whitelist areacodes - all (except those on my blacklist) calls from areacodes I deem trustworthy go through
  • Whitelist phone numbers from other areacodes from phones numbers I trust go through
  • Community whitelist of legitimate autodialers - credit card companies and banks calling to verify suspicious charges, etc. go through
  • Graylist calls from all other areacodes - the caller is prompted to press 1 to complete the call. Failing that the call is handled per your blacklist preference

There would be some collateral damage from a very few legitimate automated calls not yet on the community whitelist - follow up on tech support calls, etc - but I would be willing to lose those in order to nearly totally eliminate the phone spams.
#36724 by jjlink
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:49 am
Another suggestion would be to allow the import of phone numbers into the personal blacklist, say from a csv file. Rather than having to input them one at a time.

I also second the request for a white list. A distinctive ring for these would be good feature.
#130752 by Tom
Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:50 pm
anyone else who would want to whitelist an areacode?
#130758 by Telo_BK
Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:05 am
Whiteisting by clicking a glyph in the call log would suit me better. Lots of my junk calls come from the area codes in this vicinity though I don't doubt that many are spoofed. So, whitelisting a whole area code wouldn't work for me.
#130768 by oomamaniacal
Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:54 am
That would whitelist too many numbers for me also. Automatic whitelisting of numbers in my contact list would work better for me along with a time-based DND so that only friends and family could get through after 5 PM.
#131256 by jf2go
Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:13 pm
Whitelisting an area code wouldn't work for me either. It seems that most of the telemarketer calls that are making it through blacklisting (Nomorobo included), are local area codes. When I lookup the numbers on 800Notes, I am often the first person to report the number. It's obvious the telemarketer idiots are spinning up/spoofing new numbers to try and stay ahead of the blacklisting technologies. They probably create numbers to call from in local area codes, to call numbers in the same or close in area codes in the hope that someone will be more likely to pickup the call.