Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#35376 by Trebuin
Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:59 pm
First off, thanks for the ooma, it works great. I have been using magicjack out here for about two years and have finally given up due to the poor quality, skipping and so on. I switched to this and had little difficulty setting it up. One other friend had recommended it it me and told me it would only work behind a router for some reason out here. Anyhow,

If the company has the ability, it should sell ooma at AAFES (BX/PX) overseas because that would greatly increase it's popularity (especially with the military). Magicjack has been doing just that recently and I don't see why they shouldn't have competition.
#38808 by Trebuin
Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:18 am
bw1 wrote:That's a good idea and it looks like they're already on the list: https://www.ooma.com/buy/where-to-buy

Now if they only had it on stock here in Okinawa...of all the AAFES they have not even one mention of ooma anywhere :( I have mine though, and thought ooma might want to tap into that overseas profit.
#38849 by DawnW
Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:38 pm
Could you take Ooma from here to an overseas location? DH has several clients overseas who have US numbers with Vonage.

Couldn't we do that with our Ooma if we move overseas (which could be a possibility for us in a the next couple of years) and just keep our number locally?

Dawn
#38855 by Davesworld
Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:58 pm
DawnW wrote:Could you take Ooma from here to an overseas location? DH has several clients overseas who have US numbers with Vonage.

Couldn't we do that with our Ooma if we move overseas (which could be a possibility for us in a the next couple of years) and just keep our number locally?

Dawn

Yes and it's in the Faq last I looked. Of course Ooma gives you a disclaimer about 911 for obvious reasons but the usage is not discouraged.