Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#35250 by Sylvia Hayes
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:03 pm
What I mean is if you have been using Ooma for a while with Premier and your original number being ported, and down the road you want a different Ooma number, can you get it? Not adding another number just changing the Ooma number you started with?
#35254 by southsound
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:22 pm
Yes. There might be a slight one time charge, but I changed my number several times back in February (from a Shelton, WA number to a Beverly Hills, CA number) and there was no charge for the change. I was trying to avoid an echo problem so that may have been why there was no charge but I can't imagine it costing more that $10 or so.
#35274 by jmassimilla
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:21 am
southsound wrote:Yes. There might be a slight one time charge, but I changed my number several times back in February (from a Shelton, WA number to a Beverly Hills, CA number) and there was no charge for the change. I was trying to avoid an echo problem so that may have been why there was no charge but I can't imagine it costing more that $10 or so.

Yes. I seem to remember the last time I saw it mentioned in the forums by a mod, the cost was about $11.95.
#35288 by Sylvia Hayes
Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:46 am
Thank for the input. I am just wondering about one son who lives in Oregon and we live in Michigan. We had unlimited with AT&T, but when he calls we just hang up and call him back. Believe it or not he is still using dial up, but talking about broadband, and I am telling him about Ooma, but will have to wait and see how it all works. If he goes to Ooma down the road it won't matter so I don't know how soon I would change my number or not.
#35289 by southsound
Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:53 am
Sylvia Hayes wrote:Thank for the input. I am just wondering about one son who lives in Oregon and we live in Michigan. We had unlimited with AT&T, but when he calls we just hang up and call him back. Believe it or not he is still using dial up, but talking about broadband, and I am telling him about Ooma, but will have to wait and see how it all works. If he goes to Ooma down the road it won't matter so I don't know how soon I would change my number or not.

You could also get a Google Voice account with a local Oregon number that would forward to your phone in Michigan. He could also use it to make free calls by dialing in, pressing *, entering the pin, pressing 2 to make a call, then calling anywhere in the US for free.

I have a friend who has a Tacoma, WA number on his company provided cell phone. He is able to use the phone for personal use - but the number is long distance from Shelton, WA. He is one of the associate leaders in our 12-step recovery group and is a great support to other men. Many of the folks who needed to call him don't have long distance so we got him a local Shelton number (cool because the number is his first name and last initial - friends of Bill will understand this). A person can call the Shelton number and it rings his Tacoma cell phone. No muss, no fuss. And this person does not even have a computer. We did it all from this end. :cool:
#35440 by Sylvia Hayes
Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:31 pm
You could also get a Google Voice account with a local Oregon number that would forward to your phone in Michigan. He could also use it to make free calls by dialing in, pressing *, entering the pin, pressing 2 to make a call, then calling anywhere in the US for free.

I have a friend who has a Tacoma, WA number on his company provided cell phone. He is able to use the phone for personal use - but the number is long distance from Shelton, WA. He is one of the associate leaders in our 12-step recovery group and is a great support to other men. Many of the folks who needed to call him don't have long distance so we got him a local Shelton number (cool because the number is his first name and last initial - friends of Bill will understand this). A person can call the Shelton number and it rings his Tacoma cell phone. No muss, no fuss. And this person does not even have a computer. We did it all from this end.

Sounds interesting. I think I may try it with a brother who has time to play around before I have my son try it.