Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#35175 by byersthja
Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 am
I've been using Ooma Core for just about 2 months and it has worked flawlessly. I see so many complaints regarding Customer Support, that I'm hoping I never have to call them. I'm curious if there are Ooma users out there that have been using Ooma for an extended period and have never had a need to contact Customer Support. If you've never contacted Customer Support, how long have you been using Ooma? I will be porting my Verizon number at the beginning of February and will be Ooma only once the port completes. I'm hoping for smooth sailing, but I do have Voip.ms account I can use as a backup. Just curious. Thanks.
#35176 by costanzo98031
Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:28 am
byersthja wrote:I've been using Ooma Core for just about 2 months and it has worked flawlessly. I see so many complaints regarding Customer Support, that I'm hoping I never have to call them. I'm curious if there are Ooma users out there that have been using Ooma for an extended period and have never had a need to contact Customer Support. If you've never contacted Customer Support, how long have you been using Ooma? I will be porting my Verizon number at the beginning of February and will be Ooma only once the port completes. I'm hoping for smooth sailing, but I do have Voip.ms account I can use as a backup. Just curious. Thanks.

I have had wonderful customer support on the few occasions I called. I felt they were prompt and responsive to my questions. In my opinion, it's also nice that when you do call in you can reach someone live.
#35180 by southsound
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:04 am
I have only used customer support for an initail problem (echo). I was proactive in making a log of the offending calls, date, time, etc. ooma support took care of the problem and I have had no other quality problems since March of this year. That is 8 months of perfect service - a little better than my landline. My other support issue was because my CID has never read my name. I solved that by changing my name to Unavailable. Now it matches just fine. Easier to change my bank accounts, notify my friends, edit my social security and tell all my friends of the change that to get ooma to list my real name. :P

All in all, you bought the workhorse of the ooma lineup! The core system (hub and scout) are wonderful time tested devices. You won't be sorry.
#35188 by WayneDsr
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:58 am
I have never used customer support for a serious issue, just once for a question. My ooma hub has been working flawlessly for almost a year and now my Telo is working just as well. Yes, the handset has a few issues, and over time most of the firmware issues will be fixed. Over time I've seen ooma do magic. I love the company and support them 100%. If I have to wait for awhile to get the handset up to snuff, no problem.
I also understand that ooma support is terrible right now. That's why me and a big handful of users are here in the forums to help. We believe in the product and ooma and HOPEFULLY we can save you from a call to Pakistan (or wherever)!

Wayne
#35213 by doug
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:58 am
byersthja wrote:I'm curious if there are Ooma users out there that have been using Ooma for an extended period and have never had a need to contact Customer Support. If you've never contacted Customer Support, how long have you been using Ooma?

I believe I got my hub in April 2009. The only calls I have ever made to CS were regarding my port, which did go through on the day scheduled with only about 15 mins disruption between the time the LEC dropped the line and Ooma activated it.

Forums tend to attract posts from people either looking for help or just looking to vent. So if it seems like "everyone" is having trouble with their system, consider you are probably seeing just a fraction of the customer base. There are many of us who are very happy with our system.
#35218 by StevenJohn
Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:39 pm
I have not called customer support since they started outsourcing. I have not needed to. I did have a couple of problems when I first got my Hub and I called and they were great. There was no waiting then and the CSR was very kind and helpful both times.

sj
#35227 by byersthja
Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:52 pm
Thanks for the responses. I'm sure there are instances where users just don't have the technical knowledge to set up their device. I have a very solid Verizon FiOS connection and manage a Cisco Call Manager system at work, so I'm pretty savy when it comes to networking and VoIP. Unless my device has some sort of failure, I don't expect to need to make a call to Support.
#35243 by hteinlin
Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:42 pm
The reason why there may be alot of problems posted here is...

1 this is an official support forum, so problems are going to be posted here.
2 people will not take time to praise something, but will go out of their way to address any issues they may have
3 ooma does require knowledge of home network setup, there isn't professional home installation option
4 I am sure there are alot more people who use this device with no problems whatsoever that do not even frequent this forum

I love my Ooma system; had it a little over 2 weeks now, and I just ensure I bring any problems I may have to light, so that it can be worked out. I don't call the CS line, but rather use forums because it becomes general public, there might be others in the same boat. And once solved it can solve the issue for alot of people.

I have found all the people here to be most helpful and understanding, which you do not find in forums such as this. So I guess overall everyone is happy with the quality of service/product that they are getting! So keep that in mind as your ooma device will continually pay back.

For me it is saving me $40 a month + I already got someone signed up for the Amazon referral credit.
So $65 so far and only 2 weeks in!
#35278 by jmassimilla
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:36 am
I've been an Ooma customer for almost a year and I have only had one occasion to call CS and it was very positive. However, this was before it was outsourced. I have found that using the forums is the best way to solve problems as there are many knowledgable and helpful peolple here. There are Ooma personnel that monitor the forums who will chime in on occasion also.