Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#35132 by JmPantalone
Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:44 pm
I really like my Ooma so far...but these two things are really bugging me..
First: not being able to manage and delete my call logs
Second:When creating a personel blacklist...the rule you choose is for all the numbers in your black list :x
Cmon ooma give me a choice on each blacklist entry.Whats so hard about that.
This my ooma or lounge whatever you want to call it is primitive at best(sorry for the spelling)
#35145 by hackerguy
Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:50 pm
If you don't want to block it don't add it to your black list.
#35164 by JmPantalone
Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:26 am
I know that....but cant even remove just one phone number from the blacklist.A single rule applies to all.What i would like to see is the option to remove a number from the blacklist
#35419 by bw1
Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:53 pm
JmPantalone wrote:I know that....but cant even remove just one phone number from the blacklist.A single rule applies to all.What i would like to see is the option to remove a number from the blacklist

You can remove a number from the blacklist - just click on the phone number that you want to remove and then select "Delete".
You have to do this from Preferences -> Blacklists, you can't do it from the Call Logs.

Edit: OK, apparently the delete button doesn't work on this screen, see here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3273
#35852 by Oremus
Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:07 am
Although not a reply to the above thread, but still on the subject of features:

VOIP is a great way for most people to rid themselves of conventional phone company nickel & dime tactics while avoiding the high costs and hassles of depending on a one-phone cell phone home, however, one of the problems with VOIP is that a power failure means a phone failure.

In order to be certain that you have phone service during an emergency a VOIP user would have to depend on cell service which could be spotty at the wrong time and costly, or continue paying the nickel & dime fees to conventional providers. Consumers can add an inexpensive battery backup system for their broadband routers and Ooma system which will maintain their Ooma service during a power failure, however, the battery backup will fail after several hours. After that point there will be no power or phone service and the homeowner will never know until he/she returns home.

Why not have the handset sense the power drop from the charger and, after a timed period, (perhaps six hours), call any preset emergency number the homeowner programs in order to alert him/herself of the power outage? If the power actually didn't fail and, rather, the handset has just been under a seat cushion for the last six hours, then this alert call could act as a reminder to charge the handset.