Ooma features

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
JmPantalone

Ooma features

Post by JmPantalone » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:44 pm

I really like my Ooma so far...but these two things are really bugging me..
First: not being able to manage and delete my call logs
Second:When creating a personel blacklist...the rule you choose is for all the numbers in your black list :x
Cmon ooma give me a choice on each blacklist entry.Whats so hard about that.
This my ooma or lounge whatever you want to call it is primitive at best(sorry for the spelling)

hackerguy

Re: Ooma features

Post by hackerguy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:50 pm

If you don't want to block it don't add it to your black list.

JmPantalone

Post by JmPantalone » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:26 am

I know that....but cant even remove just one phone number from the blacklist.A single rule applies to all.What i would like to see is the option to remove a number from the blacklist

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:53 pm

JmPantalone wrote:I know that....but cant even remove just one phone number from the blacklist.A single rule applies to all.What i would like to see is the option to remove a number from the blacklist
You can remove a number from the blacklist - just click on the phone number that you want to remove and then select "Delete".
You have to do this from Preferences -> Blacklists, you can't do it from the Call Logs.

Edit: OK, apparently the delete button doesn't work on this screen, see here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3273

Oremus

Post by Oremus » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:07 am

Although not a reply to the above thread, but still on the subject of features:

VOIP is a great way for most people to rid themselves of conventional phone company nickel & dime tactics while avoiding the high costs and hassles of depending on a one-phone cell phone home, however, one of the problems with VOIP is that a power failure means a phone failure.

In order to be certain that you have phone service during an emergency a VOIP user would have to depend on cell service which could be spotty at the wrong time and costly, or continue paying the nickel & dime fees to conventional providers. Consumers can add an inexpensive battery backup system for their broadband routers and Ooma system which will maintain their Ooma service during a power failure, however, the battery backup will fail after several hours. After that point there will be no power or phone service and the homeowner will never know until he/she returns home.

Why not have the handset sense the power drop from the charger and, after a timed period, (perhaps six hours), call any preset emergency number the homeowner programs in order to alert him/herself of the power outage? If the power actually didn't fail and, rather, the handset has just been under a seat cushion for the last six hours, then this alert call could act as a reminder to charge the handset.