Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#35058 by Sylvia Hayes
Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:27 pm
I am close to having the completion of my current number ported. I have already purchased the Premier package and have a question. Will I be able to keep the temporary number I was given when I started my Ooma service? The way it is right now I can call my original number by way of my Ooma set up phone, and I can call my Ooma number by way of my other handsets that are still using my original number. This is what I hope will be available once my number is ported. I saw somewhere on the forums where someone was unable to use the phones this way once their porting was completed and they may have picked a number in a different calling area, possibly another state???
#35197 by hutbay
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:02 am
My number just ported today and I'm a premier subscriber and my temporary number is not working anymore - I get:
The number you dialed is not a valid number, check the number and dial again."

This is what the Premier feature says:
Personal Number:
With Ooma Premier, choose a second number anywhere in the US. Decide whether you want your number to ring and leave voicemail on all phones or just your personal Ooma device. You can choose up to nine numbers (additional monthly fee applies).

I was guessing you get to keep the temporary number. Can anyone chime in on this?
#35199 by WayneDsr
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:09 am
I'm not sure, but I think you have to tell Ooma when you want to keep the temporary number. That's why they call it a "temporary" number. Call Customer Service and they may be able to get it back.

Wayne
#35203 by hutbay
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:23 am
Thanks Wayne,

I just called the CS and they put the number back on. The whole process took less than 5 minute and absolutely no wait. Sylvia, just call ooma and they should let you keep the temp number.
#35206 by WayneDsr
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:27 am
hutbay wrote:Thanks Wayne,

I just called the CS and they put the number back on. The whole process took less than 5 minute and absolutely no wait. Sylvia, just call ooma and they should let you keep the temp number.

Good Deal! :-)

Wayne
#35223 by Sylvia Hayes
Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Should I wait until the number gets ported or should I call them right away? Thanks for all the feed back.
#35226 by Sylvia Hayes
Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:51 pm
I just called and was told I would have to wait until my number is ported to request that my temporary Ooma number be used as my permanent Ooma number. I am scheduled for December 7th. Is anyone else using their numbers as I describe of using the phone as a sort of intercom?