Misleading advertising?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
taeguk

Misleading advertising?

Post by taeguk » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:29 am

I bought a Telo and Handset yesterday and got them to work within an hour or so after some minor issues. I like both units and phone quality is great. I just feel a bit mislead that some of the features advertised on the boxes are not ready or in Beta testing. I am interested in the phonebook feature but have to wait for that. Just feel that the Marketing should be more upfront about things not yet ready for prime time...

The Picard

Re: Misleading advertising?

Post by The Picard » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:52 am

I take issue with the misleading photo of the Handset. The photo shows the Handset as having a very nice reverse contrast display when, in fact, it's got a pretty bad standard LCD. I'm really surprised that nobody's made mention of this.
Jeffrey P. Picard
Please visit my WEBSITE.

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:25 pm

From what I have heard,Ooma has big plans for the handsets but we will just need to wait. Like yourself, I am disappointed by the quality of the screen.

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:44 pm

The Picard wrote:I take issue with the misleading photo of the Handset. The photo shows the Handset as having a very nice reverse contrast display when, in fact, it's got a pretty bad standard LCD. I'm really surprised that nobody's made mention of this.
This has actually been a harped about issue ( the display ). You can do a search. If that doesn't work, I may be thinking of a different forum and if so my apologies. But trust me.