Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#34834 by chunk73
Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:53 am
I have been calling OOMA tech support numerous times over the past few weeks and each time I call they can never answer my questions directly. They always need to escalate or "call me back."

Of all the times I have called and have been told I would receive a call back, I have never, to this day received a call back on any of my cases.

Each time when i call i ask the tech if they are really going to call me back or if they are just reading from a prompt with false promises and each time they say "yes sir, i will be sure to call you back before the end of the day." The first time they didnt call me back i thought maybe it was a one off, the second time they didnt call back i though i just had back luck, but after the 3rd, 4th and 5th calls i realized that this is probably OOMA's support policy to not call their customers back and just wait for the customers to follow up on their own.

You guys fail when it comes to support. Perhaps a BBB case or two will help you guys wake up. Also bring your support back to the US, the support you outsourced to god knows where have no clue what they are doing. And the fact that they can only IM between their office and yours for real support is really sad. Hell you might as well just take away the call center, since all they are is a IM liason between myself and your main office. You might as well just put an IM chat box on your website so that I can IM you directly, it would save you guys money to get rid of your worthless call center and would save me time so i dont have to re-explain everything each time i call in.

I am really beginning to see that sometimes it may be worth paying for a service and nothing can be or should be truly "free."

Oh the other thing that really gets me too is that i have sent forum emails to both Dante R and Bobby requesting help directly from them, and what would you know, no response back from them either.

FAIL
#34859 by The Picard
Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:29 am
I don't think companies realize just how much of a difference it makes when you actually reach a support department located in the US. My website hosting company, Hostmonster, has their CS located in their home state of Utah. I've called several times and talked to a person that speaks fluent English and really knew their stuff. Overseas CS people, even though they might speak very good English, typically have such a strong accent that they are virtually unintelligible. Add to this the fact that most CS reps are reading from a guide book and actually have NO knowledge of the product in question and it's a lose, lose situation. I'm sure it saves the company money by contracting with a CS firm but I wonder if they realize how many customers they will lose when this service turns out to be poor. One bad experience can infect so many other people when threads like this one spread the word.

I've had to call Ooma's CS department a few times in the past week and, overall, things went okay. The rep spoke fairly good English but did have a strong accent. My problems did eventually get answered but it was frustrating having to constantly repeat everything I said. They were very nice and actually did call me back twice as they promised me they would. The problems I was having were fairly straightforward and didn't require an extensive technical knowledge of the product. It was fairly obvious that it would have been much more difficult if it did.

I really, really, want Ooma to succeed so I hope they can follow up on a great product with customer support that is just as good.

As for Dante R and Bobby, you might want to give them a bit of a break on not answering your emails today seeing as it's Thanksgiving and they're probably not working. As much as we'd like people to work 24/7, they DO have a life too.

I did ask the rep where he was located and he told me Manila in the Phillppines.
#34873 by chunk73
Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:06 pm
The Picard wrote:I don't think companies realize just how much of a difference it makes when you actually reach a support department located in the US. My website hosting company, Hostmonster, has their CS located in their home state of Utah. I've called several times and talked to a person that speaks fluent English and really knew their stuff. Overseas CS people, even though they might speak very good English, typically have such a strong accent that they are virtually unintelligible. Add to this the fact that most CS reps are reading from a guide book and actually have NO knowledge of the product in question and it's a lose, lose situation. I'm sure it saves the company money by contracting with a CS firm but I wonder if they realize how many customers they will lose when this service turns out to be poor. One bad experience can infect so many other people when threads like this one spread the word.

I've had to call Ooma's CS department a few times in the past week and, overall, things went okay. The rep spoke fairly good English but did have a strong accent. My problems did eventually get answered but it was frustrating having to constantly repeat everything I said. They were very nice and actually did call me back twice as they promised me they would. The problems I was having were fairly straightforward and didn't require an extensive technical knowledge of the product. It was fairly obvious that it would have been much more difficult if it did.

I really, really, want Ooma to succeed so I hope they can follow up on a great product with customer support that is just as good.

As for Dante R and Bobby, you might want to give them a bit of a break on not answering your emails today seeing as it's Thanksgiving and they're probably not working. As much as we'd like people to work 24/7, they DO have a life too.

I did ask the rep where he was located and he told me Manila in the Phillppines.

Sorry i guess i forgot to mention, the emails I sent to Dante and Bobby were not sent today but over the past couple weeks. I would expect a response within a few weeks time. I have been patient but my patience is definitely wearing thin.
#34913 by oldanbo
Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:48 pm
I think that their was a problem with the PM feature in the forum over the last week (or so). You may want to try it again. In fact I suggest that you do.
#34931 by oomg
Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:48 am
My experience has been better overall. LIttle difficulty getting through to CS. Front line CS seems knowledgeable enough to answer basic questions. Email response from upper echelon has been relatively quick and to the point. I think that all levels of CS have been overwhelmed with the Beta test of the Telo product, so your current experience may reflect the added stress on their CS department as a result of such testing and the roll out of the Telo system.

You seem to have been around for quite some time. I would recommend posting your issue on one of the forums (unless it is a private matter). There are a number of Ooma subscribers out there who are competent and willing to share their knowledge.
#35388 by som1335
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
OOMA has a refer a friend program. I like my friends too much to do that. Support is lousy. Simple questions are not understood by the tech. Answer is OK when you can get them to understand the question. short hours. Wrote an E-mail regarding extra services - i.e. I would spend more money - 2 days ago so I wouldn't have to deal with a tech on the phone. Not a technical question, a sales question, so 1 would think they would get back to me in fairly short order. But alas customer service is a thing of the past. Left my last 2 VOIP companies for the lack of service. Probably should just go with the old fashioned telephone company. If and when my hub dies i will probably do just that.
#35423 by StevenJohn
Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:08 pm
som1335 wrote:... Probably should just go with the old fashioned telephone company. ...

I think that may be a good idea for you. I love my Ooma, but Ooma is not for everyone.

sj

Sorry, som1335, I just saw this was you first post. Welcome to the board. Maybe someone on here can help you. There are many knowledgeable users here that have been a big help to me. If you will describe your problem someone will generally answer fairly quickly. Most of the time the problems can be solved without call tech support.
#37563 by richc
Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:31 pm
My phone cant receive incoming calls every time I dial my phone number it says My call cannot be complete has dialed. can only call out. Called tech support don't get back to me you people who keep sticking up for ooma should get a life, there customer support is horrible and technical support people are just stupid, I want my phone fix by tomorrow or I will report them
to the BBB. and they keep doing what they are doing there will me no more ooma. I don't care if it is a holiday if people phones don't work they should be working to fix the problem dont matter how long it takes. I don't give me this crap that ooma is for certain type of people if that was the case they should have posted that on there web site.
#37669 by stangale@pacbell.net
Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:02 pm
I too concur with the name of this thread.

I've spent many hours on the phone with OOMA reps and have found their knowledge and understanding of their own product completely unacceptable.

I'm a technically competent person - can wire a house, build home theaters, setup pc's/networks,debug/maintain computers easily.

I have never experienced such overall poor support in any genre of experience.

My father-in-law told me about OOMA and I decided to try it out.

I guarantee OOMAis the one subject I will NOT be discussing with him over the Holidays.

Dr. Stan Gale
Los Angeles